replacing heater core

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be replacing my heater core this weekend as well as the heater core lines. Anything else I should look at or replace as preventative maintenance while I have the dash torn apart?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might as well change the AC evaporator since they AC system has to be evac'd 1st and it's in the HVAC box next to the heater core.Check the blend door operation also,good time to swap out that motor with the dash out.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips and info guys...fortunately the pressure test reveals no leaks (19psi for 1.5 hours).
The bad news: I already bought the core and line set for the core. (Cant return for full refund so saving in case I need them in the future).
So let this be a lesson to anyone else if you smell coolant: do a pressure test to verify the need for a new core (it looks like the cap relieved pressure and some vapor or liguid came out and thats where I got the smell from)