Replacement headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I put in DDM Tuning 5000k 55w HIDs and the difference is massive. I might switch the bulbs for the 4500k because you get way more usable light. Anything over 5000k and you start to get into a color/temp that your eyes aren't as efficient at picking up.

5000k and up will give you a white w/ slight blue hue and starts to blend in with the road.
4500k and below will you a white w/ slight yellow hue, this is closer to the natural sun light temperature.

I've had my HIDs in for 2-3 months now and never been high beamed or had any complaints when following behind friends and family. No halogen will come close. LEDS are almost as bright but I have no experience with any LED brands. I've used DDM Tuning kits in a couple of my cars and my bike with no issues yet. They have a 9007 bulb that does low and high beam.

Never been highbeamed since people are getting used to the ungodly bright aftermarket lights some use, after a while you just close your eyes till the finally pass.
They really need to start clamping down on this

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little off topic but I have a grey ARB bullbar and shortly after i got it people kept flicking their lights at night like my high beams are on. I'm thinking the low-beam headlights are reflecting off the bumper or something? I just flick them back with my actual high beams :)
Actually, you can see a little reflection in my signature picture below.