Renegade hood on a non-Renegade liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rchung813

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone changed the soft/round hood of a KJ to the flatter hood of a Renegade? If so how much were the parts/labor? Any pics before and after?

rchung813

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes I have renegade envy! IMO, the hood looks nicer. Too bad it seems the hood change is a bigger production than I thought it would have been. One can dream I need to take care of other things first, lol.. Thanks for all those responded.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gee I didn't know the Renny hood was different. I'm going to have to start looking carefully at them from now on to see the difference.

Unless you live in a really hot climate I doubt the hood scoops would be necessary.

While on the subject, sometimes I wish the Libby's had the same hood mechanism as the older SWB Jeeps where you could flip the hood completely back and rest it on the windshield bracket. It makes it easier to climb into the engine bay to work.

just a thought...

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the positivity :D

Maybe all you rene guys should switch to the more effective rounded hood! I bet youre all jealous that we have that awesome feature of dirt slidingoffishness! :rolleyes:

A Good wax job does the same so sorry i still love my rene. =)

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but when I stare at things, I like it to have curves. ;)

rofl2.gif So true. So true.

I really don't see what the big whoop-tee-do is over the flat hoods. Don't a bazillion other vehicle have flat hoods?

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rofl2.gif So true. So true.

I really don't see what the big whoop-tee-do is over the flat hoods. Don't a bazillion other vehicle have flat hoods?

Yeah, so. Only a really small percantage, like 0.0000000000000001% of a bazillion have Jeep stuck on the front and Renegade on the rear. So that makes the Renegade hood an object to be desired, it's rare you know.

Um, how many zeroes in a bazillion. I might have to check my math on that one.:D

And I don't whoop-tee-do(?) over my hood. The Duke boys did it, it's not cool anymore.:p