No AC or Heat on KJ Renegade 2005 + Additional Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SomberBurrito

Reaction score
I have a '05 Renegade and currently having some issues figuring out why my Heat or AC is working. Cold season is coming so I decided to test my heat one day and drove the car around a little to see if it'd kick in. After driving for 30 minutes the Heat refuses to kick on. I currently have an issue with the AC as well since it isn't blowing any cold air at all. I checked my refrigerant and checked if I had a clogged filter and they both seem good. The refrigerant lines are extremely cold too. I'm assuming it's my Blender Door that may need to be replaced but I'm unsure if it's that or something more.

Also, I am currently having an issue with my Fuel Pump Sending unit. The stock Sending Unit was pretty much fried so I had the whole fuel pump replaced. Before with the old pump, my gauge wouldn't go below 3/4. When this new pump was installed, the same thing occured. I drove it around to see if maybe my Sending Unit was just jammed up but nothing happened. It is now doing this thing where I use up a certain amount of gas and it just throws my gauge all the way to empty and kicks in my check engine light. Need assistance on that too.

Last thing too, I want to replace the old cloth seats on this car and put in some leather seats. What Seats are compatible with this model KJ? Also anyone can recommend a good double din stereo for this KJ with some cool wood trim alongside it?

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. Regarding fuel pump issue..... You can use a multimeter to check if the resistor is on good shape. With the level sender in highest position you should get a reading of 20 ohms, middle site of 110 ohms and empty around 220 ohms.

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your hvac fan working in any setting?

Leather seats from a kj are what you want. Direct fit. I'm sitting on mine right now waiting for a ferry...... factory heated seats

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your blend door or the actuator (the motor contraption that moves the door) is the issue with your HVAC problem.

Regarding the seat fitment, I'm curious to know if seats from the KK would work.