2006 Liberty Renegade stalls while braking for low speed turns with clutch in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

archermvp

Reaction score
Hi,

New to the forum and would very much appreciate any tips for where to begin on this issue, especially if someone has experienced it before:

My new-to-me 2006 Liberty Renegade Manual Transmission has started stalling when I am braking for low speed turns with the clutch all the way in. This is quite annoying and potentially dangerous as the power steering cuts out mid-turn as well. It was running great for the first few months I owned it. All of a sudden it has starting doing this, now upwards of 5-6 times on a typical errand trip. .

I don’t have much vehicle mechanical knowhow, but I am decent at looking things up and fairly inclined to attempt resolving it myself. I’m also willing to bring it into a shop, but would appreciate having a fix already in mind based on other owners who maybe experienced this same issue and solved it already.

Many thanks and please let me know!

Richard Marchand

Reaction score
Could it possibly be a vacuum leak that affects the power brake booster. Look for a bad brake booster hose or the booster itself maybe bad.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Hydraulic clutch actuation? Low fluid or a bad master/slave cylinder. Try bleeding it.

Try shifting to neutral before braking.

Members online

No members online now.