Renegade hood on a non-Renegade liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm...I questioned this when I first joined and it seemed I only needed the Renegade Hood and the Renegade grill. It's ok though...after a few years the curvy hood has grown on me :).

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I like my non flat hood. :)

And changing over to the Renegade hood does NOT require fender changes to '05+ models. They are the same, regardless of Renegade or Sport or Limited. As previously mentioned, it takes a bit of work but some have done it. (and some have also done the reverse!!!) Hood, Grille/Grille Support, Rad Support, Latch, bam.

.... for an '02-'04 yes it does because ALL of that (read: Entire front end) needs to be updated to the newer style.

L

lil black liberty

After looking at a Renny I think if you get an latch support from a renny, change out the grill and header support I believe it will fit.

Marlon I had thought about doing this myself, I was told though and I wouldn't believe what a Jeep employee had to say til I tried it myself but that the latches from the 05's would work with a Renny or Sport hood regardless of which is there.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
my WK hood isn't entirely flat. it's pretty much just like a KJ... it has very noticeable "humps" above the headlights. :) that's what i meant by "non-flat hood".

and you know what? i dunno what i was thinking because i think you're right, the latch doesn't need to be changed... but there is NO difference in fenders at all.

Latest posts

Members online