Question about TSBs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, this question is actually about my 2002 WJ, but jeepsunlimited is down. It failed inspection cause the comp. threw a code p0442 & p0455. Loose gas cap, right? WRONG. A new g/c didnt work.

I found a TSB #25-001-02revA that says to perform a specific test BEFORE, looking for other causes, so I suspect a LDP problem is the cause.

My question is, will the Jeep dealer perform the fix for FREE because there is a TSB, although the WJ is past its 7 yr warranty? Gotta pass insp. by 1/31. Any qualified answer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dought that they will fix it free if you are out of warrenty. The TSB is only issued by the mfg to the dealer to test/repair a common problem as far as I know.

Although both of those codes partain to the emissions system and the emissions warrenty is 8/80,000 federally regulated for all vehicles. But without knowing exactly what is wrong, I do not know all the components covered by it, but for instance, if it was a cat it would be covered under the emissions warrenty for up to the 8/80,000.

Just some thoughts, trying to help.

Dave

Last edited:

sprsonic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, this question is actually about my 2002 WJ, but jeepsunlimited is down. It failed inspection cause the comp. threw a code p0442 & p0455. Loose gas cap, right? WRONG. A new g/c didnt work.

I found a TSB #25-001-02revA that says to perform a specific test BEFORE, looking for other causes, so I suspect a LDP problem is the cause.

My question is, will the Jeep dealer perform the fix for FREE because there is a TSB, although the WJ is past its 7 yr warranty? Gotta pass insp. by 1/31. Any qualified answer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

i'd be willing to bet you have a cracked evaporative system hose, they are known on wj jeeps. most likely in the left rear quarter wheel well behind the wheel, have also had fuel tank sending unit seals leak. if you cant find a cracked hose from the purge solenoid to the fuel tank you may have to have an eeld or smoke machine equivalent to find the leak.

CHUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dought that they will fix it free if you are out of warrenty. The TSB is only issued by the mfg to the dealer to test/repair a common problem as far as I know.

Although both of those codes partain to the emissions system and the emissions warrenty is 8/80,000 federally regulated for all vehicles. But without knowing exactly what is wrong, I do not know all the components covered by it, but for instance, if it was a cat it would be covered under the emissions warrenty for up to the 8/80,000.

Just some thoughts, trying to help.

Dave

Thanks to everyone for your posts. I'll give the dealer a whirl if emissions warranty is
govt-mandated 8 years. The WJ first hit the street 11/2001. I still think its the leak detection pump vent valve referenced in the TSB. Thanks again everyone.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your posts. I'll give the dealer a whirl if emissions warranty is
govt-mandated 8 years. The WJ first hit the street 11/2001. I still think its the leak detection pump vent valve referenced in the TSB. Thanks again everyone.
EVAP system is not covered under that warranty,only the cats are.

Members online

No members online now.