Professional Detailing Cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nightowl90028

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have places around where i live they come to your work you give them your keys and they will wash your car dry it wax it clean the engine bay vacuum the inside.shampoo carpet and upholstery which i deny because of the easy staining of the seats. but all that and they come to you for under 100.00 cannot go wrong. for some reason i seem it cheaper for a "mobile detailer" then to go to a local car wash detailing business.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, this includes hand wash, claybar the whole vehicle, take off all the gunk etc, and do scratch removal, and compound if needed, follow up by paste wax and polish for the exterior. I don't think many "detail" places claybar and compound.

nightowl90028

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, this includes hand wash, claybar the whole vehicle, take off all the gunk etc, and do scratch removal, and compound if needed, follow up by paste wax and polish for the exterior. I don't think many "detail" places claybar and compound.

Woops i misunderstood the info you were lookin for](*,) lol..well we have this place behind my work and they do everything your talking about..never had to get this done to the jeep but my dad did the whole professional detail, and it included everything that your talking about..claybar..scratch remover..etc and about 5months ago my dad got it done to his trans am for about 340.00 i told him he got ***** with that one..but he was saying they told him anything over 300 is too high..so why did he pay 340?? i think he just confused himself, but i wouldnt pay over 250.00, he was also telling me that they have a list of like 90 things they will do for your car its a mega package according to their website and its 500.00 WOW

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership I worked for in SD had a detail shop,the top of the line detail was $650 and took 2 days.They cleaned,buffed,waxed,and all the other stuff.They even totally removed the interior and washed the carpet,took apart the seats and washed all that,and took apart the whole dash to wash all of that to.Reapplied any undercoating that may have chipped off under the vehicle(all vehicles where undercoated from the dealer in my home town).They did a awesome job,should for taking 2 days(with 3 poeple) and costing $650,had them do my KJ after I painted it,might be taking it back when I go home in a month or two.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one takes about 6 hours, I am told. If I don't ask for it so soon, it can take longer.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My gosh, $650?! I read ALOT on detailing forums and it never goes over $300-350. But Ive never heard of anyone taking seats out to clean around them.. Thanks for the idea tjkj. :)

Have you tried going over to autopia to see if anyone in your area does mobil detailing hyedipin?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank YOU Blake, you are wild,
I found this place: http://www.detailingdynamics.com/
through Autopia, but I think they will charge pretty high.. I gotta stop by them one day to see what would they quote me. Hell, I pass in front of this place all the time, and I see porches, caddilacs and other wild stuff, and always wondered what is that place!?

tan's2002kjlimited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership I worked for in SD had a detail shop,the top of the line detail was $650 and took 2 days, had them do my KJ after I painted it,might be taking it back when I go home in a month or two.

:eek: The possibility of spending $1300 on 2 detail jobs boggles my mind.
That's a mortgage payment to me. I don't mind a clean car, but ...:confused:
Wish I could afford to wipe my hiney with sawbucks!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't going to mention this before but around here there's two places that do it for $100. But it's not really that involved. All they do is vacum and clean the inside and wash and wax the outside and spray shiney stuff on your tires. The engine is extra and so isn't buffing out light scratches. So it's not really detailing as you would think. From what I have seen they do a good job.

I do mine myself. I'm **** (like Jeepster) about keeping the inside clean as I do it almost every week. So no need to take the seats out. I also do not eat in it. Coffee only and I have had to stop and clean up a spill more than once. The outside, not so much.

Dave

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But Ive never heard of anyone taking seats out to clean around them.. Thanks for the idea tjkj. :)
They just don't clean around them they actually take the seat covers off and foam cushion and clean them.It's a pretty involved detail,makes your ride look like it just rolled off the assembly line,well worth the $650 for it.I mean they clean the dirt and dust where you can't even see it.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive gotten in the habit of cleaning dirt in places that it cant be seen. Kinda like the underbody, but to me my Jeep isnt clean unless its clean(think about it).

The only thing I worry about when taking my seats out is the sensors in the seats. Idk if its ok to just unplug those or what. I know on my mothers WK there is a big sticker under the seats that says 'DO NOT UNPLUG.' So idk about that.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For all that, I usually charge $250 for cars, small SUVs and light Trucks. That also includes the interior. However, where you are at, the price will defnintely be more.