Professional Detailing Cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stopped by this place last weekend. They said $350 to do entire vehicle.
I will scan and post the link but it includes claying, taking off scratches, polishing, waxing, sealing, also compounding bumpers, removal of nicks and scrapes, and interior full job. Not sure about engine cleaning, but if pushed for it can be done to a certain level.

I have never had my job detailed at those places, if I were to buy everything that needed for this, it would cost a bit over $100. But the hairline scratches and swirlmarks are pretty bad, I don't think I can take them all out. So I am not sure if this is a rip off or normal price. Another place said $185 for detailing in/out but they said they cannot get some of the scratches out, especially the key mark I have on door and the scrape on the hood. After this first one I could probably do it myself if I do it regularly, but it is not in great shape now.

Any comments? It is hard to find a good place around here with people who love doing this job..

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gosh, $350 seems like alot.

That seems like alittle to much to me. I would say around $250 or so based on what I read on autopia. There is alot of people that do that for a living over there.

I guess the price of things is higher in NY though.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was willing to spend about $250, but when interior was added to it, I realized that sounded right, but it depends on the job. I mean this guy said "We do a great job, and take all the scratches out and bring the paint back into great condition, that's why we charge what we charge".. I am not the type of a guy who would go back and complain and make a big fuss about stuff, but I don't want to get jibbed either.

From what I can see, they employ an army of amigos as their car-wash or post-wash-rug person. I am pretty sure it will be some of those people that will work on the Jeep.. So that makes me thing, unless there are some real good ones among them, who would pay %110 attention to the real detail.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Man, if you're gonna spend the $250...just take some of that for a couple of tanks of gas, and head down to Blakes...let him do it :)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would but he charges too high for room and board....
And the kitty would get mad at me.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used a guy in Toronto, charges $250 CDN (almost the same as USD these days!) for the full interior/exterior package, and throws in a free engine shampoo.

I'm not familiar with his materials or techniques but he made my 1998 Acura Integra look brand new again - I was impressed.

Probably going to have him do the interior of the Jeep one of these days.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like there are some pros out there... Just gotta find them.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hyedipin.........as an alternative, ask them how much to do just the outside and the engine. Tell them not to even bother with the wheels and tires as you can do those yourself. You could also do the inside yourself. Maby they'll take $100 off the price. That way they will get the scratches out that you mentioned. (the stuff you can't do).

Just thinking out loud here.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about the same thing, but I also got nasty scratches on the door sills. I am afraid if I don't ask for a complete service, they will leave most of those untouched and will consider it inside. Also while I am at it, I would like them to do everything, and clean the factory carpeting as well, and all that other stuff. I think it is about $100 difference, just like you said, but If I want a complete job it's better to get everything done. I am waiting for next month as my CC bill is already too high this month, with the tires..

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
People getting in and out with their high heels.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't you know, I am not people.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, I just had a very, very bad image.

haha, yea, got to do something about those heels! I make my GF take her shoes off before she gets in the Jeep. lol3.gif

jk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Blake you sound like me with the shoes off outside....years ago asked this girl out she was BEAUTIFUL, picked her up we start down the road she puts her foot up on the dash, I asked her to take her foot off the dash she laughs and says NO, I make a u turn and she went home...she still will not talk to me...not sure why

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW! thats alot i worked at a lexus dealership and it was only $165 for a complete detail i almost had them detail mine b/c i got a discount and could have got it for $100 but didnt