Post Your KJ in Snow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Thats the thing, I usually keep a disposeable camera in my car, just incase something like that happens.

Digital camera is too expensive to leave in the car unless i'm with it.

Here's the forecast for this weekend http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/NCZ022.php?warncounty=NCC081&city=High+Point

Looks like an Ice event going to snow. Good and bad. Good, that when it switches to snow, it should have no problem sticking, and sleet is sometimes fun to drive on, cause you can get some traction. Bad, cause it's supposed to go to freezing rain sat. night. And it doesn't take much to take out the power around here.......

Hopefully we'll get more snow. But then again, the forecast has changed about a thousand times in the past 2 days.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, it doesn't take much to take the power out here either ](*,)

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yoda....that's because Texans don't know how to drive on ice and snow....they crash into the power poles and knock them down....LOL! I am speaking from visual experience when I lived in Paris, TX for two years.

True Story:

One day we had about 8 inches of ice then snow. There are no such thing as snow plows in that town. I had a Celica. The roads became very grooved (high in the middle). I was driving to work with no problems except many undercarriage scrapes. I witnessed a 4x4 pickup go off the road (he was driving like it was normal conditions). After I got to work, all of the snow and ice slid off our roof and into the parking/driveway of our building. Well, you get a guy in a huge 4x4 pickup and he thinks he can do anything. He drove into that monster pile and got stuck. Right in front of the big window where people are on treadmills watching him. He kept spinning his tires trying to get out. He made it down to the concrete with his tires but he would just keep spinning them fast (SMOKE!). I went out and told him to rock it back and forth after we helped him dig out a bunch of the snow. Did he listen to me? NOPE! He spent another 30 minutes spinning his tires before he took my advice. He was out in 2 minutes by rocking it. Next came Mr. Coca Cola driver in the big Coke truck. He intentionally ran through the snow and almost slid his rear into our window and people on treadmills. I had to give him a tongue lashing for that. I grew up in Ohio and now live in Colorado. I know how to drive in those conditions. If I could make it to work in a `88 Celica with those conditions, anyone in a "4x4 anything" can do it....if you drive correctly and smartly. The number of wrecks in Dallas-Ft Worth that day was enormous.

I am missing all that snow Ohio has been getting this week. Bummer!

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the people around here get absolutely nuts when the weather gets cold and precipiation falls.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't wait, were supposed to get 8-10" tommorow night [-o< [-o<

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife told me last night that she saw an Explorer off the road in a ditch. She couldn't figure out how that they were there, partly due to that it's only 30 mph along the road. It was snow covered, but that shouldn't happen with common sense.

TargetPractice

Reaction score
Video in Snow

I posted these videos a while ago on the LOST forums, but might as well repost these.
These were shot near Steven's Pass in the Cascade mountains ( about 60 miles from Seattle ) in early November.

You must be registered for see images

http://johnm.aexx.net/kj/L.O.S.T._NW-1-hill_climb.wmv

http://johnm.aexx.net/kj/L.O.S.T._NW-2-snow_climb.wmv

http://johnm.aexx.net/kj/L.O.S.T._NW-3-playing_in_the_snow.wmv

http://johnm.aexx.net/kj/L.O.S.T._NW-4-hill_descent.wmv

2003KJ

Reaction score
I expect to see some good pics from you all in the Northeast with that massive storm.

All i'm getting is a light coating of ICE. Just enough to make my driveway fun, and to turn all the bridges into ice rinks. Accidents everywhere.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
2003KJ said:
I expect to see some good pics from you all in the Northeast with that massive storm.

All i'm getting is a light coating of ICE. Just enough to make my driveway fun, and to turn all the bridges into ice rinks. Accidents everywhere.

as soon as i get feelings back fom my hand's i'll post i cant quite move them too well... i have trouble typing right now..(one finger typing....) i cant even hold my mouse properly #-o

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
2003KJ said:
been out in the cold too long?

yep, was just standing outside for no reason what-so-ever....

anyway, here are the pics..these were takan like 2 hours ago..it's still coming down hard...and I reckon it would thicker later....when i go shovel, i'll take more pics

2003KJ

Reaction score
Shovel???? I say let Mother Nature do the shoveling of the snow, after all, she made the damn mess.....LOL!

Nice magnet on the back of your Jeep. I got one that I found from at the carwash a month ago, and I found another one the other day.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Shovel???? I say let Mother Nature do the shoveling of the snow, after all, she made the damn mess.....LOL!

Nice magnet on the back of your Jeep. I got one that I found from at the carwash a month ago, and I found another one the other day.

LOL, would love to, but the DOT sez other wise...$100 if u dont shovel accordingly.....

tnx....got that for a buck...gotta remember to take it off next time i get her washed....it moved about while in there, and it scratched up my door (nothing like a good buffing will fix, but still annoys the heck outta me)

2003KJ

Reaction score
You have a law saying you HAVE to shovel? Thats B.S.!

I think thats why I keep finiding magnets like those at my local car wash...LOL

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd post some pics, but I'd first have to drive to Toledo to pick up my Renegade...
](*,)

TRAILN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's from that big storm now hitting the NE. We are not done yet, its still coming down

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
2003KJ said:
You have a law saying you HAVE to shovel? Thats B.S.!

I think thats why I keep finiding magnets like those at my local car wash...LOL

living in such a compact area we have too. if someone slips and falls, we could get sued too....so better off shoveling. walking is a bigger thing here than driving...so keeping sidewalks clean is a must....

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TRAILN said:
Here's from that big storm now hitting the NE. We are not done yet, its still coming down

You need to dust that puppy off and take her for a spin! :iroc:

Status
Not open for further replies.