Post Your KJ in Snow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
living in such a compact area we have too. if someone slips and falls, we could get sued too....so better off shoveling. walking is a bigger thing here than driving...so keeping sidewalks clean is a must....

I don't care to have a law that says that you have to, but yes, I can see someone suing these days if they fall in front of your house. I clear mine with that thought in mind, plus it's just being a good neighbor.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
living in such a compact area we have too. if someone slips and falls, we could get sued too....so better off shoveling. walking is a bigger thing here than driving...so keeping sidewalks clean is a must....

I don't care to have a law that says that you have to, but yes, I can see someone suing these days if they fall in front of your house. I clear mine with that thought in mind, plus it's just being a good neighbor.

when i was younger, i slipped and sprained my wrist cuz the occupants of this one corner 3 family house never shoveled, or cleaned their sidewalk. We went to an attorney...he said taht if I did break my wrist, it wouldve been an ez win, but with only a sprain and no medical record of it...it would just get tied up in court, and the chances of winning was next to nil....
DOT fined them, and ordered them to clean up their part of the sidewalk......
suffice to say, after that, that corner was always nice and clean.

so...now i always make it a point to keep our sidewalk clean.....
we only rent but if there was a lawsuit...the we would end up paying for it too since the rent would more than likely go up......
besides it's pretty good excercise....

2003KJ

Reaction score
Ok so the current forcast says snow starting tomorrow afternoon ( \:D/ ), but changing over to freezing rain tomorrow night, and with freezing rain all saturday night into sunday morning.

Might actually have some snow pics by the end of the weekend! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Got scared after that. Snow was too soft and I started to dig.

2003KJ

Reaction score
OK, so as usual, the forecasters blew the storm way out or proportion, and have really emssed up this time. This morning they were calling for 3-6 inches of snow, and 1/4-1/5" of ice on top of that. So far I have a half an inch of snow. It was enough to have some fun on for a little while, but it all switched over to sleet and now the roads are solid ice.....not fun. But this time I was home, and I left the KJ outside and got some OK pics. Not nearly as good as the ones from teh northeast last weekend, but better than we've had all year.

Right as it started:

About an hour later shortly before it stopped :-({|=

2003KJ

Reaction score
yeah, thats all it is. Roads are solid ice. Just got back from driving my friends xj i'm "jeep sitting" for cause he's got selec-trac. Gotta say I love that full time option. Some roads are celar and others are solid ice....nice to be able to leave it in the full time mode and not worry about it.

Still like my command-trac.....tuff as nails.

m0th

Reaction score

m0th

Reaction score
Thx guys. The top one is looking towards the Rockies from the Porcupine Hills south of Calgary, Alberta in May last year.

The bottom two were taken in Banff National Park last weekend (Mt Rundle hoodoos and the Bow Valley Parkway for those that know the area).

2003KJ

Reaction score
Could be the answer to my prayers????? Is it really gonna snow 3-6" tonight like they say it is???

I went to bed last night and they're callin for rain. Woke up this morning, and there's a winter storm watch out that will probably be upgraded to a warning is the low pressure goes further south than it already has. Calling for 3-6" and they're playin it safe now. God I hope I get this, that wimpy half an inch wasn't a whole lot of fun a few weeks ago.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tim, I am crossing my fingers for you!

Unfortunately we may get an inch here. Not enough for some fun, just enough to bring out the lousy salt trucks.

sbelkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I would throw up my snow pics in here. There has been lots of snow this year so there is lots of pics. Here are a selected few...

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Along Wissahickon Creek at Valley Green in Philadelphia.
Click here for the full set.
Be patient if using dial-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.