Post Your KJ in Snow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SRotblat

Where's the snow on your tires? Did you wipe them off for the picture? The second pic looks like your rear tire is floating over top of the snow. LOL!

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more great pics guys...almost makes me wish it would snow here....almost

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pics Topher! I'm not sure if that should be in the snow or mud pics?! =D>

Boy, I bet that was a sinking feeling in the gut to get that stuck...

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tokyojoe1965 said:
SRotblat

Where's the snow on your tires? Did you wipe them off for the picture? The second pic looks like your rear tire is floating over top of the snow. LOL!

Well the snow was a few days old and had been covered in freezing rain so the snow was very hard and just cracked as you drove/walked over it. hell all the trees you can see are covered in ice not snow. Considering that the OE tires actually did much better than I would have thought.

Topher

Reaction score
grogiefrog

Yeah, but I was in good company.

TRAILN was able to get his winch cable around a tree with a snatch block and a tow starp to pull me off. Needless to say my passenger rocker panel is smushed.

RRO rock rails coming soon... and possibly Rhino lining my fenders and ARB.

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was after Ohio got hammered with a lot of snow just before Christmas. My hometown mostly got freezing rain as you can see by my KJ. We were on the edge of the front (snow or icy rain).

You must be registered for see images

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you guys lose power? When my KJ looks like that down here, the power is more than likely out ](*,)

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My best friend, sister, 2 hs classmates lost power. Many homes throughout the county lost power. Columbus and Newark (OH) had thousands w/o power. I was at my parents house and they had power.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tokyojoe: Do you have a sunroof? If so hows the light bar and the sunroof noise...

2003KJ

Reaction score
callin for a mix here come next Saturday, then Rain and Snow NEXT Monday. Probably wouln't get any shots of the KJ covered in snow (if we get any), but I can probably get some of my friends XJ (which i'm driving on and off for the next month or so, untill he gets back from his vacation) covered, and mine IN the snow.

Now all I need is that snow.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
more snow photos
taken a xmas 02 in 'Sauga Canadia....

and the money shot...was posted on the LOST website

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ncie snow pics! I was thinking that you guys were letting me down. Snow pics are cool!

2003KJ

Reaction score
well we got some snow here today FINALLY. It was only a dusting, but none the less, a dusting more than was called for (of couse). So I was going to take a pic of my KJ with a little snow on it and a little on the ground when I got home for lunch, but it was a very dry and fluffy snow, and it all blew off as I drove home :( Now the sun is out and what little snow is left is melting, but it's still COLD AS SH.....!!!!

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Home made snow ramp

DSC02251.jpg

DSC02248.jpg

DSC02255.jpg

I was bored, so I made a little hill to climb.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool! =D> Now I need more snow! Your KJ just looks bad a**. Sweet!

:naka:

The only problem that I have now with snow is that I have my deluxe splash guards on. Hard decision... but so far they look good and keep the sides cleaner.

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
well we got some snow here today FINALLY. It was only a dusting, but none the less, a dusting more than was called for (of couse). So I was going to take a pic of my KJ with a little snow on it and a little on the ground when I got home for lunch, but it was a very dry and fluffy snow, and it all blew off as I drove home :( Now the sun is out and what little snow is left is melting, but it's still COLD AS SH.....!!!!

2003KJ.....Rule #1 Always keep a camera with you. This way, you could've taken pics before driving home for lunch. Having my digital camera with me one time came in super handy. I had parked my Camry at a used dealer the day after Thanksgiving (2003) and I went to test drive a used Grand Cherokee. Just when I got back, I watched in horror as a Waste Management truck slid very slowly on a small slope and its front bumper crunched my Camry's rear end. I went to my car and pulled out my camera and took pics from all angles with the truck attached to my Camry and after they were able to melt the ice and move it off my vehicle. I had all the proof I needed for the insurance company.

Keep a camera handy at all times....even if it is a cheap film camera. You never know.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tokyojoe1965 said:
Keep a camera handy at all times....even if it is a cheap film camera. You never know.

very good advice, thought I tend to forget it myself ](*,)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.