Pictures After Boiler's Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boiler

Reaction score
Boiler

The lift looks good I have been thinking of how to peice a lift togther, even more since xmas and since I am going to Rausch Creek in a few weeks.
Does your Jeep still ride good?

How did you get all the parts, just buy what you could when you had cash untill you had everything or buy it all at once? I am thinking of ordering as I go to get my CRD lifted. One problem I may have is I think Rancho is not making the shocks used in the Frankenlift and thats what I wanted to use. What else is there out there.

It might be a little more firm but I like it.

I bought my rancho products from amazon because they were insanely cheap, but they are now no longer available there. Call All J's asap, as I think they still have some left, but not many. I also got the OME springs from them as I didn't see much variation in price anywhere and I figured support one of our most interested vendors.

Bought the teraflex from them, I think, the rear iso's from chrysler, made my front spacers, and got the hockey pucks from MC sports...

First thing you want to do is buy your rancho's from all j immediately, if they still have them available.

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might be a little more firm but I like it.

I bought my rancho products from amazon because they were insanely cheap, but they are now no longer available there. Call All J's asap, as I think they still have some left, but not many. I also got the OME springs from them as I didn't see much variation in price anywhere and I figured support one of our most interested vendors.

Bought the teraflex from them, I think, the rear iso's from chrysler, made my front spacers, and got the hockey pucks from MC sports...

First thing you want to do is buy your rancho's from all j immediately, if they still have them available.

Ok well I have the front spacers so that's my start. I will have to see if any rancho's are left and order those as soon as I can. If those Rancho's aren't Available what else is there other than OME's?

Local Jeep place I have been talking with seems to push mostly spacer lifts and I am not sure will be happy with that.

Last edited:

Boiler

Reaction score
You can use other shocks and struts with OME coils, which should remain available. OME makes shocks and struts which are in one of the frankenlifts. Look at All J's site for more info if you cant get rancho.

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can use other shocks and struts with OME coils, which should remain available. OME makes shocks and struts which are in one of the frankenlifts. Look at All J's site for more info if you cant get rancho.

I called all J they don't have any..... but they may get some of them coming in. If I want them I have to go on a wait list. they have a cheaper Rancho but I'm told its not real good for off road. then there is the OME whiich they told me is better and will last longer for almost 2x the price of the rancho's. Rancho has a 9000 series that is adjustable for a little more than the OME. I don't think I need those.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called all J they don't have any..... but they may get some of them coming in. If I want them I have to go on a wait list. they have a cheaper Rancho but I'm told its not real good for off road. then there is the OME whiich they told me is better and will last longer for almost 2x the price of the rancho's. Rancho has a 9000 series that is adjustable for a little more than the OME. I don't think I need those.
In my opinion the Rancho's are far better shocks offroad then the OME's,that's from personal experience.The OME's where way to mushy.Now there coils are great but there shocks are less then disireable.

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion the Rancho's are far better shocks offroad then the OME's,that's from personal experience.The OME's where way to mushy.Now there coils are great but there shocks are less then disireable.

How much better are the Rancho's than the stock ones. I know they should be better for off road but what about ride on road and how long they should last. at $90 each the Rancho's seem like a good deal.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
How much better are the Rancho's than the stock ones. I know they should be better for off road but what about ride on road and how long they should last. at $90 each the Rancho's seem like a good deal.

The Rancho's I got with our Frankenlift (Now discontinued) are excellent!
The ride on the road makes our KJ handle more like a sports car than an SUV!

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking roller skate Boiler. JK, mine looked the same after I lifted it. So, um, if the Ranchos are discontinued and the OMEs are sucky off road, how about JBAs Blistiens? Anybody have any experience with those? I'm in contact with a few vendors because I need to replace my sagging Rusty's lift before summer. I'm really interested in JBAs 4"kit, they support the site and are pioneers in the KJ lift stuff. Or, the Boulderbars Franky, but again, who's shocks are better?

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
How are you liking the DM-Z3's? I put a set on my wife's van and with traction control ( and maybe the aid of the esp) it is a surprisingly good foul weather vehicle for her. I still use the factory bridgestones in the summer but they SUCK when the temp drops. She had to pick the van with the 4.0 and a performance handling package with 17" summer only tires....on a minivan....:rolleyes: I think that is one of dem dere oymoron thingies.

Boiler

Reaction score
The Blizzak DM-Z3 makes driving on hard packed snow seem like you're driving on wet pavement. You can breat your tires loose accellerating or braking, but you have to be getting on it. I can slow it down fast enough to put your hard into your seatbelt.

They're awesome. I'm putting some on the wife's concorde next year. I guess a lot of people with mustangs and camaro's and such use them too. They are really amazing tires. Unfortunately we've been light on snow to really enjoy them.

In 4 high in 8 inches of snow on grass and on a rutted field I didn't even know the snow was there. Driving through 24" drifts (only about 15 feet across) and 24" snowplow piles I still couldn't tell I was driving through anything. I really want 16-20 inches of snow badly...

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you still needed Ranchos I just got a set from Advanced Auto Parts if you have on in your area they can order them through there warehouse. They had 8 total.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Marlin ( JBA) could still get some Ranchos here a couple of weeks ago, reminds me that I need to order two more rear sets.
Mine lasted 100,000 , getting to the point they are riding like OMEs (softer) yes I know what they ride like have a set of them laying in the garage as well