Pictures After Boiler's Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boiler

Reaction score
Please, no comments on how small my tires look...I know. They'll be off there in a month :D

I drove the 3 hour drive up to Toledo and got coated in this concrete dust / water mix on a road that had only been open 1 day. You can see it in some of the underside pictures. That sludge coated the whole exterior when I got there.

Thanks to Tom & Chris I got my lift on last Friday! I can't thank these guys enough. I had a good time, got a lot of help, and they had it done in just a few hours. We had to hurry to get it done, I wanted to get it aligned before I left and we had to be done by 2pm. The rear ended up a little higher than the front, but due to time I decided to leave it and level it out after it settles a bit. Quitting at 2 gave us time to BS a couple hours then hit Texas Roadhouse for a steak and to talk about life for a while. :)

My lift consists of:

Front
OME 927 HD springs - $152/pair @ All J's (appx $35 shipping, I forget)
Rancho RSX 17505 struts - $182/pair @ amazon.com (shipped)
Boiler's top plate shims - I'm going to be selling these for $30 or so
Currently no clevis lift
Terraflex bump stops (not installed yet) - $42/pair (appx $8 shipping, I forget)
Current Measurement flare to center of wheel: 22"

Rear
OME 948 HD springs - $152/pair @ All J's (appx $35 shipping, I forget)
Rancho RSX 17004 shocks - $103/pair @ amazon.com (shipped)
two extra lower isolators per side (I bought uppers but forgot them at home :evil: - Tom's Used Parts Sales & Swap to the rescue...) - Unknown price. 4 upper isolators from stealership = $50
Hockey pucks for lower bumpstops - $8
Current Measurement flare to center of wheel: 23"

Shop charge for front strut assembly: $35
Alignment: $65
Total Cost for lift: $897

You must be registered for see images attach

Some Flexing

I realized how stupid this was and stopped before I got onto the stump.

My 3/8" top plate shims - Fit perfectly, thanks LTT

On my axle (and missed spots on the bottom of the bumper) you can see the goop I got bathed in on the way up. Oh, and you can also see the best Jeep Liberty gas tank skid on the planet. :cool: It comes with 6 bolts, not just 2, but we were lazy... :rolleyes:

Clearances on the front of the gas tank skid & more concrete sludge. The entire exterior of the KJ looked like how the gas tank and heat shield look.

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lift looks good Boiler.

Dave

Boiler

Reaction score
if u dont mind me asking. how much did all tha set u back ?$$

Updated parts list above with price. $897 including shop charge for front strut assembly and alignment. When comparing to similar lifts, it would be $797 without those charges.

Boiler

Reaction score
Did anyone tell you that your tires look small? :D

My wife and the sassy old secretary at work. :rolleyes: I fear that my 245/75-R16 snow tires will look small too, especially the rear (even moreso flexed). Oh well :p

Lookin' Good Boiler!

... like the shot of my future skid the best! :D

No that's mine...yours is sitting in the garage feeling neglected.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boiler, what kind/size tires are you considering now?

Dave

Boiler

Reaction score
Looks good... Did you make that skid yourself or what?

Yes. I make the rack, gas tank skid, and within a few days of now the front top plate shims for KJ's. I'm plannin on eventually offering full armor and bumpers for KJ & KK but development is slow. Check my signature link for info on the gas tank skid and rack. I'm hoping to have a website up by the end of the year.

Boiler, what kind/size tires are you considering now?

Dave

Currently I have 245/70-R16 Cooper Discoverer CTS. Around Thanksgiving I'm going to get an "after break-in" alignment and put my snow tires on. I have 245-75-R16 Bridgestone Blizzak DM-Z3's with Cragar Soft 8's. Not sure what I'll put on in the spring.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^They look good with the soft 8s. Will look real good on the jeep.

Dave

Boiler

Reaction score
It's tough to wait, but I know I'll screw them up when it settles and is misaligned, not to mention wearing them out on dry warm pavement. They are just so soft. I can spread those sipes open to about 3/16" with very little effort.

I really should only run them Christmas to March. I may leave them off until we get a moderate snow in the forecast but I don't know if I can hold out that long. :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What...Tom had no spring compressors? :D

Looks good Boiler!

Nope no one wants to pay me to do it or I would buy a good compressor and I REFUSE to use those cheap little things that pop off and take half your head with them! Heck one of Boilers even came out of the shops compressor and flew across the room!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
yep run the fronts up the street, while they are doing them, we do the rear, by then springs/struts are ready and throw the front together
=DONE!!! Everytime I see a set of those compresors I see my buddy laying on the floor, just can't do it!

OH all of you Parrotheads out there check out the license plate frame hanging on Boilers wall.

Never knew Boiler was a huge Buffett fan! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I noticed he's also got a nice supply of Huggies on hand .... :D. For those long nights of fabricating I assume?