ome struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rphamil

Reaction score
is it true that the ome struts are the same length as the factory or parts store brands like monroes

rphamil

Reaction score
cause i work at a parts store and i can get monroes for cheap and i was thinking of just using those and ome springs

rphamil

Reaction score
I figured that but i get a great deal on monroe and there lifetime warranty and i doesnt take long to swap em so i dont mind. I just want a modest lift im not gonna be doing ******** trails and stuff mostly just gonna be for back road driving and small trails

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just save the cash and buy the higher quality OME ones, another thing to think about is that the lifetime warranty on the monroes is only good for the first set, when the replacements go bad they are not covered under the lifetime warranty.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If yuo're going to use OME springs then do either OME shocks or Bilstein
both do a great job
If you use Monroes and say one goes bad, it will affect the spring and in the long run not last as long as it should.
Spend the extra and do it right you'll be happy you did

rphamil

Reaction score
But isnt it still better than a spacer lift. Like i said im not gonna be doing off roading its just for looks. I just have a hard time spending 750 for all ome when i could buy there springs and get the monroes for with my employee discount for almost half that. And my store does honor the lifetime warranty for as long as you own that vehicle

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you are confused
You keep saying " but isn't it better than a spacer lift"
You either have a lift where you replace the springs and shocks all around
OR
you have a spacer lift which uses the stock springs and YOU SHOULD replace the stock shocks
With any over 40,000 or so miles the springs and shocks need replaced
Now if you go with Monroes are you going to swap out the springs each time? Will they reimburse you for that? No they won't so you'll have down time.
IF...you think you want to go that route I would only say use the very best they have which I think is the Sensa Tracs also remember you have to use extended ones in the rear for 99-2004 Dodge Dakota. Also bumpstops please
Oh and if they know you have them on a lifted vehicle most times they will not warranty them
and.... your shocks get as much or more workout driving everyday as they do on most trails with potholes rail road tracks speed bumps etc
Just some things to think about !
Thank you for your time, :party52:

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most parts stores worth their weight can get Bilsteins as well as monroes or gabriels. Bilsteins are far and wide better then monroes, and I wont even compare them to gabriels. If you want to do it cheap initially, but replaced often, get a spacer lift, and plan on spring and shock replacement regularly. If you want to spend a little cash up front, get the springs, and add in some decent shocks. Ive found front and rear coils for $300, then add X brand shocks to that. The spacer kits arent that much less really. There is a few places online that could probably beat your parts store prices as well.

rphamil

Reaction score
Employee discount is about 50 to 75 percent off. Was gonna get rancho but there discontinued and bilstein isnt available through work. The warranty issue isnt gonna matter for the struts or shocks and the only ones available are the sensa tracks. And ranchos are just glorified monroes in the first place talked to monroe and rancho is a painted sensa track

rphamil

Reaction score
I wanna use good springs but cant see spending extra on ome when i can use monroe for a third of the cost. Like i said changing them out isnt a problem just wanna way my options before i decide whag to do

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Then it seems like you already know what you plan to do... regardless of the suggestions the others have given.

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are lifting, you dont want to use sensatracs, and I can argue with the monro guy about Rancho. Thats a broad statement he made, and he needs to go back to school,lol. Sensatracs use grooves cut into the bore of the shock/strut, to vary the dampening ability of the device. In the normal ride height, they allow more fluid to bypass the piston thru the grooves, allowing a softer ride. When near the limits, they allow less, and are stiffer. If you lift the jeep, you wont be in the nominal height, and they wont work as designed, and you wont like the results. Thats why monroe started selling sensatracs as a quickstrut with springs on some app's. Ranchos, well you have 9000s and 5000s, and they work different from each other, so they couldnt be a painted sensatrac. As yellowcoyote said, do as you wish, its your money. I dont think you have a strong enough grasp of the dynamics of the Liberty suspension to see why we are against your plan.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So you are just replacing the stock suspension with the same spring rate etc that you have.
OK doesn't compute but its yours.
We tried
just think though your replacements will last 35-40,000 miles, OME springs I know from experience will go 100,000

rphamil

Reaction score
Im not trying to act like i know anything about this cause i dont. And im not trying act like yall dont know what yall are talkin about cause im sure yall know what ur talkin about just thought this might be a suitable solution a kinda meet in the middle thing i am gonna consider all ur sugestions im sure ur right. All im really interested in is putting a 30 inch tire would this be possible with just a stock lift? Got a really good deal for some with my factory 17

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Please explain "stock lift"
There is no "stock lift"
There are springs that you can buy like OME, BDS etc that provide lift and thats what we have been talking about
but there is no such thing as a stock lift
its either stock height or its lifted
so??? I'm confused
and to run a 30 inch tall tire ( depending on tread design/make/etc) and not have some rubbing issues you need some lift if nothing else due to sagging stock springs