ome lift from rocky road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it. I just need to save up some cash(gotta sell my damn passat turbo) and ill be on my way. I have decided to go with the ironman and do the top plates clevis and isos. I also have nice set of what im guessing are moabs from my buddys wrangler. im painting those up satin black to match my grille.
You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Got it. I just need to save up some cash(gotta sell my damn passat turbo) and ill be on my way. I have decided to go with the ironman and do the top plates clevis and isos. I also have nice set of what im guessing are moabs from my buddys wrangler. im painting those up satin black to match my grille.

Wheels won't fit , different bolt pattern
I'm assuming they are from a 07-up Wrangler
unless you want to run spacers so there goes another 150-200 bucks

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm spacers may not be out of the question or maybe ill try to find a set off a renegade. one more question before im confident in purchasing the parts i need. are any of the springs shocks or struts, whether it be rancho bilstien or equivalent, available from advance auto? my friend is the commercial parts manager and i get a pretty sizable discount on just about anything.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Some ranchos maybe , but the RSX line that we used to use is no longer available
Gor for Bilstein or OME, with the OME spring setup

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i can get some of the parts from him that would be great and ill get the rest from jba. again a big thank you to every one for schooling me lol

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Rancho still makes shocks for KJ's.
Your buddy should be able to source these out for you and get them in at cost price.

This is a listing for our KJ.

RS9000XL SERIES SHOCK Stock Rear RS999284
RS9000XL SERIES SHOCK Stock Front RS999764

RS5000 SERIES SHOCK Stock Rear RS5284
RS5000 SERIES SHOCK Stock Front RS5764

Dakota rear
RS5000 SERIES SHOCK StockRear RS5248
Use these with KJ RS5000 StockFront RS5764
for a lifted rig.

This is what im using for our next set of shocks
RS9000XL Stock Front RS999764
I'll use these for the rear: Dodge Dakota 4X4
RS9000XL Stock Rear RS999248 I already have a MyRide system for this setup.
Rancho Suspension: Accessories » MyRide Wireless Controller

I'm going this route 'cause I have driven KJ's with Rancho, Bilstein, and OME.
And the Ranchos ride the best overall for us. OME and Bilstein are way too mushy for our driving style.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thats why I am glad I stocked up on the old RSX 17505's before they all sold out. :Bye:
Not too impressed with the RS line

Last edited:

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great info every one. Sometimes i can get parts from him 50% under retail. Im going to have him look first thing monday. If i understand correctly the front struts are stock and the springs are what give me the the lift correct?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Great info every one. Sometimes i can get parts from him 50% under retail. Im going to have him look first thing monday. If i understand correctly the front struts are stock and the springs are what give me the the lift correct?

Yes springs give lift
but you also want a good quality gas shock and not some of the off brands places like Autozone, etc peddle

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so i called jba and got some info. I think what im guna end up with is 2 rs999248xl rear shocks and the rs999764 front struts. And then ill order front and rear iron man spring from jba and then top plates and isos from where ever. Am i on the right path here? new to all this lifting business so if im wrong school me in please

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so i called jba and got some info. I think what im guna end up with is 2 rs999248xl rear shocks and the rs999764 front struts. And then ill order front and rear iron man spring from jba and then top plates and isos from where ever. Am i on the right path here? new to all this lifting business so if im wrong school me in please

Get the 1/4" top plates and 2 rear iso's from JBA also. No need to shop around elsewhere. You may have to do some searching on JBA's site to find them - or just call him and order everything over the phone.

Thought: I wonder if you'll get free shipping on the plates and iso's if you order them with the Ironman springs...?

Bob

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not entirely sure ll be able to order before the 31st anyway. And im only about and hour and half east of him. So maybe i can just go pick everything up If shipping is on the high side. And im guessing im good to go with the shock and strut selection i posted?

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not guna get the ranchos anyway. I got some prices from my guy and itll be cheaper to go with full iron set up. Hoping to order it within the next month or so