ome lift from rocky road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know everyone is pobly tired of all these lift threads but bear with me here. I as just browsing jba and rocky road outfitters. At first i was looking at the frankenlift but its a little out of my price range. So i then i was looking a the ome kits on rocky road. They have 2 complete kits on there, one is all ome parts for 750 and another with gr2 shocks instead and its like 684. I was going to either do a clevis lift with some conduit nuts or a top plate to level it out. So are these comparable kits and how much lift can i get out of them?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't even look anymore
They are some of the worst to deal with
they use their own brand of cheap shocks
the list goes on and on
you're not saving anything by shopping with them
JBA or AllJs both sell springs or complete kits and have G R E A T service

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure i follow. Do i wana stay away from ome or rocky road? Because i def cant afford a jba kit. Cheapest i saw was $1700, but the ome kits on jba.com are about the same price As rocky road for the 1.50 inch kit

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure i follow. Do i wana stay away from ome or rocky road? Because i def cant afford a jba kit. Cheapest i saw was $1700, but the ome kits on jba.com are about the same price As rocky road for the 1.50 inch kit

Stay away from Rocky Road.

OME is great and the entire kit can be purchased from JBA for $750 - OME springs and OME shocks. Go with the 927/948 springs, the OME front shocks and be sure to get the 132L rear shocks if you're going to add rear iso's. Add the Terraflex front bumptops, 1/4" top plates and the iso's to the price - will get you to around $825-ish.

Another option if you don't plan on going over 2.5" past stock height is the Ironman kit from JBA. About $100 cheaper and TomMudd says the ride is very good. You can add the top plate and clevis in the front and rear iso's to get the height to around 21.5" or so - maybe higher. The Ironman kits have free shipping right now too. Can save you enough to pay for the Terraflex stops, top plates and iso's.

The JBA kit's you're seeing are for his custom coil springs, coilover shocks, etc. Great kits but as you've seen the price is more than double an OME kit.

Hope this helps.

Bob

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Helps alot actually. I dont plan on going more then 2.5 so thats good for me. I was guna do the old hockey puck bump stops to save a few bucks. Whats the deal with isos? Not sure what they are where they go and how many i need? Also i dont see a ironman kit On jba. Do i need to buy it by the piece?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ironman springs etc are on there
Just look through his site they are there
Or just call him and tell to fix you up

note if you get to his site look at the left side that lists everything.
It shows Ironman 4X4 click on it

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok sounds good. Just gotta finish savng up some cash. Need to sell my damn vw!

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only reason to call RRO is if you are starting a business and want to find out how NOT to run it.:freak3:

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only reason to call RRO is if you are starting a business and want to find out how NOT to run it.:freak3:

Haha thats what everyone keeps telling me. Maybe some one should make a sticky for lift kit rules of thumb and that can be number 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the list

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the "wesway" lift compatible with the ironman 4x4 lift? Or is that basically what twobobskj was referring to when he suggested to use extra rear iso,s and top plates up front. Sorry if im getting anoying with all the posts. This an awesome forum, everyone so far is super friendly and helpful. Not like other forums where you basically get ******* at to the point of not wanting to post anything. Anyways thanks for all the info i have received, your all some stand up gentleman and ladies if you out there ;)

Last edited:

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wesway is a way to get a little lift without replacing springs and shocks. It would give you about an inch I think. I'd go so far to say that it is a "safe" spacer lift.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know how the lift works. The sticky says it can be used with a ome or rancho lift to get a little more height out of it. Im assuming it will work since the ironman is very similar to an ome set up

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know how the lift works. The sticky says it can be used with a ome or rancho lift to get a little more height out of it. Im assuming it will work since the ironman is very similar to an ome set up

Yeah that's right. You don't usually hear wesway tho if applying extra lift to a lifted KJ.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it was sugested to me that i use extra isos and top plates added to what ever lift i end up getting ( leaning more towards the ironman) which appears to be basically the wesway lift. Just trying to get the ins and outs down before i start ordering parts

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The so called wesway lift is the way we sit all of the lifts up,
someone just thought they found something new, that most had been doing for a long time .
All it consists of is a top plate and clevis
We add a 1/4 inch top plate for 1/2 extra lift
we add a 3/8 inch clevis lift for another 3/4 inch lift
so between the two you have an addition 1.25 inches of lift
if you add the above you add two upper rear isolators to the rear
if you add one or the other you only need one extra per side

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Haha thats what everyone keeps telling me. Maybe some one should make a sticky for lift kit rules of thumb and that can be number 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the list

Its all been done before plus 1000s of posts explianing everything many times over

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Ill probly go that rout as well. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NJ, you're getting it!

As Tom explained, the "Wesway" is essentially adding a bit of lift without actually spending any real dollars. You'd get the 1.25" Tom mentioned but the springs and shocks still suck cuz they're not replaced.

Once the new OME or Ironman springs and shocks are installed the Jeep will be lifted about 2.5 to 2.75". To get that extra 1.25 you add those other components to get up to the full lift of about 3.75 to 4.00" over what you're sitting at now (depending on how sagged/bagged your current springs are.)

Wes is a young guy who didn't have the funds to do a full spring lift but he needed to get a set of tires so he did the top plate, clevis and rear iso's to keep the Jeep from destroying his new larger shoes. Once he could afford the OME springs and shocks he tore it all apart again and installed everything. Ended up with a really nice Liberty until a retired lady ran a stop sign and totaled his Jeep. :freak3:

So the top plate, clevis and rear iso's get you a touch higher than you'd be with the springs alone.

Bob

Members online

No members online now.