Ome 925/947

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaleKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just received my kit I ordered after chatting with the company rep. I notice from the FAQs section that these are not what is normally used for my 2004 Liberty. I also ordered the trim spacer for the front to get another 1/2" so I was hoping to get 2 inches of lift. I'm wondering if I'll get much of any lift at all with this set up. In the mean time I purchased some used 245/75/16 Goodyear MT/R on 94 Wrangler Rims which I was hoping would fit nicely after this lift. If I send back I'm looking at a major hassle, at least 15% restock fee, and postage both ways. On the other hand I only want to do this once. I also pull a 3000lb boat and trailer 4 or 5 times a year. Any recommendations or comments will be appreciated. Has anyone used this setup and if so how much lift did you get? Thanks
Dale

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What you bought are basically stock springs , rating wise they are the same . So you may see some lift from them since you're more than likely were sagged quite a bit but as far as any real lift, not much.
Not sure who you talked with, but lots of times even company reps are not fully into what you want.
If you are pulling a boat etc a few times a year personally I would want better rear springs at least but thats your choice.
The "trim spacer" you bought how thick is it? If 1/4 inch then yes that will give you another 1/2 inch of lift
Always good to check with folks who actually use the products than those who sell to a wide variety of different model owners
As far as the tires they will be close after everything settles in. Not sure what wheels you got from a 94 Wrangler , do you know the backspacing / width? Picture may help

DaleKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME 927 and 948

Thanks. I returned and got the medium duty, 927 and 948s. Appreciate it!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I returned and got the medium duty, 927 and 948s. Appreciate it!

927s are the heavy duty and 948s are medium just to clear things up
There are no heavy duty rear springs
In front
925s are light duty (like stock)
926s are medium
927s are heavy duty

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since we're talking springs, Tom, down the road in 2014(hopefully) I may be adding a backbone and a winch(warn m8000?). I'm running the B springs from Ironman, would it be better to stick the shim under the spring, or go with a stiffer spring from OME or Ironman?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Since we're talking springs, Tom, down the road in 2014(hopefully) I may be adding a backbone and a winch(warn m8000?). I'm running the B springs from Ironman, would it be better to stick the shim under the spring, or go with a stiffer spring from OME or Ironman?

I think the "shim" would work well

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you ditch the steel cable and switch to syn rope you should be fine with a shim like Tom stated.

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shims may not be the correct name, but you know what I mean,lol
JBA Spring Ring
I noticed the weight loss with the synthetic rope. Wasn't sure how much of a weight savings there would be going with the backbone vs the ARB or RL bumper.