Noisy front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When going over bumps and dips out here in the desert, I get a LOT of front end groaning noises. I assume control arm bushings, but not sure if upper or lower. When I did the lift, the bushings looked fined and that was only 500 miles ago. Anyone know which ones are the usual suspects for being noisy? If it is the uppers, I will go to the JBA UCA's. Thanks for any advice.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you get a squeak or screech at all? I was getting that off road and over speed bumps and turned out to be the sway bar bushings.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you get a squeak or screech at all? I was getting that off road and over speed bumps and turned out to be the sway bar bushings.

It's kind of hard to call it a squeak, more of a crunching sound. Definitely not metal to metal. Of course it's hard to describe an exact sound. But I would say more of a crunch sound.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah sounds like sway bar bushings to me too! Mine are shot. A good test is to spray a little bit of silicone on the already decayed bushings and see if it quiets them up. If it does, replace them! (Silicone will apparently eat away at the bushing and just be no good overall for it...I just say this for diagnosing purposes.)

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what the sway bar bushings cost I would recommend replacing them anyways if you have never done them or its been a long time.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the crunching sound would be the springs compressing.
Is it the bushing instead? I guess I'll have to spray some silicone to find out.

Latest posts

Members online