Passenger front window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJGremlin

Reaction score
On my 02 KJ Limited my front passenger window is acting a bit strange and I can’t come up with a solution to fix it. When I press the button to lower the window, the cable starts to come out from where the seal is on the door. Only have 2 working windows right now (driver front and rear passenger) so fixing the other front window would be nice if I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
It sounds like the plastic "worm drive" that the cable runs in to raise and lower the window broke. If the window doesn't move, the plastic bracket it rides on may also be bad. It's an easy fix to install a new window regulator. The kits include the motor as well. Although it sounds like the motor on yours is still good, it's easier to replace it all at once. There are different aftermarket models with cable pulls rather than the worm drive design. I have had relatively good luck with the aftermarket designs but after several years they seem to give out as well. Sadly this is a common issue with the Liberty.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you pop the door panel off and dig in, you will find the plastic tube that the cable lives inside has cracked open. you "might" get a temporary fix with some larger diameter pvc tubing and splitting it lengthwise to cover the break, sort of like a sleeve. Leave it a bit long (6 inches) and put a few hose clamps on each side.

michael mehle

Funky Clunky Liberty
Reaction score
On my 02 KJ Limited my front passenger window is acting a bit strange and I can’t come up with a solution to fix it. When I press the button to lower the window, the cable starts to come out from where the seal is on the door. Only have 2 working windows right now (driver front and rear passenger) so fixing the other front window would be nice if I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Amazon sells the contraption for cheap. I've used them 3 times, 2 in my 07 liberty with no issues years later. VERY easy to replace yourself @

KJGremlin

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I’ll look in to what my best option will be.

Members online

No members online now.