No more wax. Use RejeX.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-----------------------
UPDATE: This place seems to have the best price on RejeX:
http://www.x-autoproducts.com/pages/product_rejex.htm
-----------------------

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html

Right after I bought my KJ in May 2004, a friend told me about RejeX, which is a polymer coating that was designed by the military to protect aircraft skin and make it easier to clean.

So I immediately ordered a bottle to try it out. What I found is that it goes on just like wax, but it wipes right off without leaving any powder or getting stuck in cracks like wax does. I also found that it doesn't mark up black plastic much either. Let me tell you that it's awesome stuff and leaves one heck of a shine and makes cleaning off bugs and road tar nearly effortless. I live in the Midwest and as a result, the bugs on the front of previous cars has always been a pain to get them off. So now with RejeX, they just spray off with water and a light rag. I highly recommend this product and one bottle will give you three to four coats.

Just note that you will want to apply RejeX inside a garage, and let it cure out of the sun and rain for about 12 hours.

These pictures were taken last December, about two months following application. I apply it twice a year here due to the high amount of road salt used in the winter, although once a year would probably be fine otherwise.

You must be registered for see images

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AntTrax said:
Do you use anything special on your wheels and tires?

On the wheels, I use a spray on cleaner (don't recall the brand). It takes of the break dust and dirt. Then on the tires, just the usual tire spray/ cleaner. I like black look.

2003KJ

Reaction score
AntTrax said:
Do you use anything special on your wheels and tires?

Not to jack grogie's thread here or anything, but you can't go wrong with a good bottle of Westley's Bleach White. Works great for Wheels AND Tires. Spray on, let it sit for about 30-45 seconds, and hose off with a hard stream. But like everything else, if you have alot of build up on there, it will struggle on the deep down stuff. But if you wash them often, you shouldn't have any problems. Can get a bottle pretty cheap at wally world.

There, now that i've just done another commerical for them....LOL

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do any store carry rejex or is an online product only?

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm convinced. I got my bottle of Rejex yesterday and I'm hooked. Easiest wax job I've ever done. The stuff goes on nice and smooth like you'd expect a good wax to, but it buffs right off with none of the nasty flakes and little pieces that get stuck everywhere like all the other waxes I've tried. I didn't apply it to Libby's, but you can actually use this stuff on your glass, too. I might try it later though. Here are a few "glamour" shots for your approval (Libby was feeling very pretty today, although she apologizes about the couple of water spots on her hood....lol.) It's about 92 here right now with 50% humidity, so there are a few smudges here and there just from brushing up against her, but overall, I'm pretty happy with it. Thanks for the heads up Grogie! \:D/

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
wow...so nice....
heh..like that sticker....
so shiny, you can see yourself takin the pic...LoL....

imight get this stuff too

where did ya get it and how much

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it from the website Grogie posted above. A 16 oz. bottle is like $19.95. If I only have to do this 2 or maybe 3 times a year, that's not too much to pay for it, IMHO. I also picked up a can of their CorrosionX, too. Good stuff! I like it better than WD-40, actually. Scary, I know.

On a side note, I just got my Jeep KJCountry.com stickers! Woohoo! Thanks Bennett!

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Just note that you will want to apply RejeX inside a garage, and let it cure out of the sun and rain for about 12 hours.

Looks great, but I don't have a garage!!! #-o

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flaren said:
Ok, I'm convinced. I got my bottle of Rejex yesterday and I'm hooked. Easiest wax job I've ever done. The stuff goes on nice and smooth like you'd expect a good wax to, but it buffs right off with none of the nasty flakes and little pieces that get stuck everywhere like all the other waxes I've tried. I didn't apply it to Libby's, but you can actually use this stuff on your glass, too. I might try it later though. Here are a few "glamour" shots for your approval (Libby was feeling very pretty today, although she apologizes about the couple of water spots on her hood....lol.) It's about 92 here right now with 50% humidity, so there are a few smudges here and there just from brushing up against her, but overall, I'm pretty happy with it. Thanks for the heads up Grogie! \:D/

Sweet looking KJ! Flaren, glad you like it! I love the stuff. I'm applying twice a year. After winter, and before. I dont't think it needs to be washed as often with using ReJex? Let me know what you think on your black beauty about that.
Thanks for the update. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

P.S. I also use it on the windshield. I use to use RainX, but the RainX didn't seem to buff in very well and left streaks. The ReJex doesn't.

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my bottle Saturday in preparation for the new KJ. So grogie you used it on the glass? I'm a real advocate of RainX but if this stuff will last longer and makes the water slide off just the same I'll put it on my glass. Anyone who's had this stuff put it on bumper stickers, vinyl decal-stickers or unpainted wheel fender flares or wheels to make cleaning brake dust easier? Also anyone try 2 coats?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goldbug, I do use it on Windows. I don't know that it lasts longer then RainX, but you'll notice that it doesn't streak the way RainX does. With RainX, it was always such a chore to get the streaks buffed away.

I have tried two coats, in fact I did so for just the front and hood on my Wrangler after bringing it home from the dealer. I don't know that I'd bother doing the entire vehicle twice? I'd just put it on twice a year instead (I do so during April and October for both of my Jeeps).

The stuff is awesome! I promise you'll like it. I make my wife to help buff, and she agrees! =D>

Let me know what you think.

Merlin

Reaction score
Whaou what a result that s a true magic product !!!!!=D> =D> =D> =D>

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is a good Internet source. I have been unable to locate it locally, only CorrosionX.

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried the local true value, they're supposed to be the only places that carries it, but they didn't have it. You could probably request them [true value] to get it in for you. I ended up buying it from the site... pretty quick delivery too.