Another No Heat Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

voluble

Reaction score
2004 Liberty Limited

Hey all, I'm not getting any heat out of the car, whether idling or driving. I will get about 15-20 seconds of heat if I have the HVAC off, then turn it to defrost, and then it goes cool again.

Things I've tried:

-Replace blend door actuator, the one you have to pivot the dash to get to

-New HVAC control unit
-Before I put the dash back together, I had plugged the original one back in to test out the new blend door actuator. it was making the electronics go haywire, like rear wiper going off and no lights on dash. I bought a new HVAC control unit and put the dash back together. Plugged in the new unit and was getting the same no heat symptoms, but no electrical gremlins. For the heck of it I tried the old unit again and the electrical gremlins were gone, still no heat. I returned the new unit.

-Flush heater core, no obstructions.

The dummy temp gauge on the dash reads normal, I haven't verified the actual temp yet. It also seems like my AC isn't really working either when I'm pretty sure it was working this summer. I think I saw on one of the other no heat posts that Jeep had to hook up to the car with their program to see if the blend door was actually moving or something like that; can anyone verify?

I'm kind of stumped on this one and would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Just had a thought before I hit the post button. Is there a fuse or relay that would control the HVAC system? Just trying to think of things to check.

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the hoses connected to the heater core under the hood both feel hot when the car is warmed up? Is there a way of peering inside the dash to see if the blend door is actually moving when you move the temp knob between hot and cold? On the '06, the fuse to the HVAC is #26 (10 Amp) on the left of instrument panel. Not sure if it's the same for the '04.

voluble

Reaction score
Both of the heater core hoses heat up. I think I can take off the passenger airbag and look at the blend door actuator. I'll also look at the fuses. Thanks!