No start on Laredo 3.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mncoates

Reaction score
is there anything I can check before having to replace the fuel pump? I did have a code pop up involving the oil pressure sensor, is that related at all?

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have someone test the fuel pressure, I think it should be at 50 psi. The fuel pump is inside the tank so it is no fun to replace

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just to recap, is the engine actually turning over?
Reading your posts it sounds like the engine stopped and hasn't turned over since??
If so it sounds like the engine has locked up I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Noclutch

Modern DIY
Reaction score
Try spraying starter fluid again while cranking it and if it’s cranking the engine or starting then shutting off then it’s definitely a fuel related issue.

mncoates

Reaction score
Ok so I finally said F it, and took it to my mechanic, and 3 weeks later he tells me it’s a blown head gasket… so I guess that’s it for my Jeep?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the culture tries to teach us to dump a vehicle when any engine or transmission issues pop up, because it is “more than the vehicle is worth.” But $1500 to fix a head gasket is still much less than a car loan to buy a different vehicle. Consider repairing the head gasket and driving your Jeep for many more years.

mncoates

Reaction score
I think the culture tries to teach us to dump a vehicle when any engine or transmission issues pop up, because it is “more than the vehicle is worth.” But $1500 to fix a head gasket is still much less than a car loan to buy a different vehicle. Consider repairing the head gasket and driving your Jeep for many more years.
Ya know what, I agree. I love this car more then any car I’ve ever had, and with 2 kids it’s perfect for my family.