No more wax. Use RejeX.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to get the wax off my car before applying the ReJex? A good soaking with hot soapy water at the self wash bays or is it more involved than that?

Nik

Reaction score
Just ordered some from X-autoproducts - http://www.x-autoproducts.com/pages/product_rejex.htm - $13.95 plus $4.73s/h.

Goldbug - I was always told the easiest way to get wax off was to wash twice using a grease cutting dish soap, dawn or something similar.

Hope it works as well for as others since I so love the look of a clean black car but always avoided buying one because of the work to keep it looking good on the daily drive, at least until my new Liberty found me on the lot. \:D/

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys sucked me in with your sales pitch =D> I just ordered a botle.
Weird...I JUST came in from trying this new (pain in the butt!!!) "Spray on" turtle wax, sat down on my computer and saw this post...spooky. That stuff put streaks all over my freshly washed libby!!!.....so I'm a liltle bitter.
Cant wait to get this new stuff in.
Question though, Most of the time I wash her at those coin activated bay style car washes. The soap that comes out of the brush wand is pretty harsh and usualy strips the wax that I have on. Will it strip this stuff of too?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bohica, glad the sales pitch worked! (biggrin)

I've also tried those spray on waxes... and I know what you mean as they do seem to streak and require a lot of hand buffing.

With Rejex, I've always been in the habit of waxing twice a year, so I still RejeX twice a year. I don't know that soap removes it, but rubbing does over time. The more you wash your car with a brush, I think that's what removes it. For example, I put it on the windshield as well, and I don't need to replace it that often until I drive in a lot of rain where the wipers run and eventually rub it off.

I'll add that I tend to not need to wash as often with using RejeX.

Anyway, you'll find that it's the easiest "wax" job that you've done. Let us know what you think.

longarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rain-X will come off with little effort if you use a glass cleaning microfiber cloth.

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finnally got it in the mail last week....seemed like it took forever to get here. Put it on the Jeep Sunday night. You were right, I cant believe how EASY this stuff is to apply!!!
This morning it was kinda dark when I went to work but, when I got there I was totally impressed. All I can say is, VERY NICE !!! so did a lot of my co-workers.
Definatly wont ever use wax again...Im in love with Rejex....and so is my Libby !!
Thanks again for the kick-a$$ heads up on this stuff.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bohica-kj said:
Finnally got it in the mail last week....seemed like it took forever to get here. Put it on the Jeep Sunday night. You were right, I cant believe how EASY this stuff is to apply!!!
This morning it was kinda dark when I went to work but, when I got there I was totally impressed. All I can say is, VERY NICE !!! so did a lot of my co-workers.
Definatly wont ever use wax again...Im in love with Rejex....and so is my Libby !!
Thanks again for the kick-a$$ heads up on this stuff.

Tony, where do you wash your Jeep?

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Eddie....

Most of the time I take it to the local garage/coin opperated car wash. Sometimes, when I'm feeling lazy, I'll pay Adashi 10,000 won to do a full detail....he does a great job most of the time. For that price though, basiclly $8.00, I really cant complain.

Been looking for your truck every time I go to Yongson, never seem to find you.....
Went to Osan AB a couple of weekends ago. Seems like that place is being over run with Libby's. I must have seen a dozen of em'......Mine was by far the best of the bunch !!!!! \:D/

You got your hands on some of this Rejex yet? If not....I HIGHLY recomend it !!! This is the best my Jeep has ever looked..

Take it easy Ed..see ya' if I see ya'

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bohica-kj said:
Hey Eddie....

Most of the time I take it to the local garage/coin opperated car wash. Sometimes, when I'm feeling lazy, I'll pay Adashi 10,000 won to do a full detail....he does a great job most of the time. For that price though, basiclly $8.00, I really cant complain.

Been looking for your truck every time I go to Yongson, never seem to find you.....
Went to Osan AB a couple of weekends ago. Seems like that place is being over run with Libby's. I must have seen a dozen of em'......Mine was by far the best of the bunch !!!!! \:D/

You got your hands on some of this Rejex yet? If not....I HIGHLY recomend it !!! This is the best my Jeep has ever looked..

Take it easy Ed..see ya' if I see ya'

I see...I'm too lazy period to even visit a coin-operated place. I don't trust those guys with a 5-gallon bucket full of nasty water. And to get a detail wash is over 20,000 Won; 13,000 for just a basic wash.

No Rejex for me yet...maybe some day. Believe it or not, I've only washed my KJ twice since last October! Now that monsoon season is here, I'll let nature do the job. LOL!

Looks like we keep missing each other. I might have been in Osan when you were in Yongsan. I'll be keepin an eye out for your KJ, too.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Ok, yall sold me on it. Just ordered mine....hoping to get it before this weekend so i can try it out saturday.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Ok, yall sold me on it. Just ordered mine....hoping to get it before this weekend so i can try it out saturday.

Whatever took you so long?! (biggrin)

I did both my Jeeps last month (I'm on a six month schedule).

2003KJ

Reaction score
Just a side note to anybody who might be purchasing from the orig. link Aaron posted, I just got off the phone with the guy who was in charge, and he's a very nice person who you can obviously tell cares alot about the satisfaction of his customers. Anyways, he told me he's running exactly 1 week behind in orders. Turns out his advertising really took off. So for anybody who is ordering, or just ordered, like I said he's running behind 1 week.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Got my Rejex in the mail today....only thing is he forgot the free applicator pad that was supposed to be included. No biggie. Quick phone call and he's got one on the way to me. I'm very pleased with doing business with Barry (if you follow the orig. link posted.). I'd recommend him to anybody else.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good deal Tim. Thanks for the update. And I'm glad to hear that their doing well... as it's the best "wax" job ever! And I am obsessive about waxing...
wavey.gif

2003KJ

Reaction score
Holy cow im sold!

I'm about half way through putting a coat on the KJ and I simply cannot believe how easily this stuff comes back off. I used to use Meguires, but it was a pain in the ass to get back off, and flaked every where. This stuff where are hardly any flakes and it comes off so smooth its not even funny.

Plus I can already see a difference