Need Renegade light bar help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a used 02 light bar off ebay which comes with nothing but the bar. I talked to a Mopar parts guy and the harness is no longer available, but the factory switch is. Can someone post a pic of the switch and where it installs? I can't figure out where it would go in my 05 dash.
Also, if anyone has a line on a good harness, feel free to respond. Thanks for any help.

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a used 02 light bar off ebay which comes with nothing but the bar. I talked to a Mopar parts guy and the harness is no longer available, but the factory switch is. Can someone post a pic of the switch and where it installs? I can't figure out where it would go in my 05 dash.
Also, if anyone has a line on a good harness, feel free to respond. Thanks for any help.

Here ya go. 2005 Liberty Renegade

Attachments

• lightbarsw.jpg
    lightbarsw.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh great, now I have to go out and check if my fuse box is really falling open...

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Now I see why I could not find an extra space with a plug of some kind in it. Looks like you just drill a hole in that small rectangular panel.

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the kit comes with the panel, but I don't know why you just couldn't drill your own.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! Now I see why I could not find an extra space with a plug of some kind in it. Looks like you just drill a hole in that small rectangular panel.
When you bought the whole light bar kit that panel came with it to swap out with a hole already in it and switch provided. You can mount a switch anywhere you like it since you'll be doing your own wiring

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure it will handle double the current of those four lights. Seeing HID and LED on the description makes me worry that it may not be heavy enough for 4 halogen bulbs.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure it will handle double the current of those four lights. Seeing HID and LED on the description makes me worry that it may not be heavy enough for 4 halogen bulbs.

My guess is they use HID and LED simply as search words. I'm no electrician, but it says it is good for 130 watts for each relay. I believe these lights take 9006 bulbs which are 55w each. :shrug:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is they use HID and LED simply as search words. I'm no electrician, but it says it is good for 130 watts for each relay. I believe these lights take 9006 bulbs which are 55w each. :shrug:

In my math the light bar will require a relay that will handle 220 watts (55 X 4) :waytogo:

Bob