05 Liberty P0430 and No Bus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robochop

Robochop
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of No Bus discussion on this site but nothing that seems to help me figure this one out!
I have changed the catalytic converter and went thru several 02 sensors on bank 2 sensor 2. The light stays off for a while, but comes back on with the same code. I finally tried a Snap-on Modis and it would not communicate. Upon further checking, I can see the No Bus in the mileage window. Mopar mechanic even tried to hook up via wireless with no joy. I have a friend who is a Mopar mechanic try to find the issue at the ODB connection under the dash with a test light. He didn't have time to trace things out and left me with some wiring diagrams. I didn't really understand how to do this and haven't touched it since. He seemed to think there is more than 1 bus involved and I need to figure out which one it is. I'm not sure how to trace these diagrams down, but I do have a parts Liberty available. Will this be solved if I swap the PCM's?
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just some generic advice, but generally the 1st step when there's no comm is to check for power and ground on the modules. You may want to check to see if there are any fuses blown.

Robochop

Robochop
Reaction score
Just some generic advice, but generally the 1st step when there's no comm is to check for power and ground on the modules. You may want to check to see if there are any fuses blown.
LOL, that was my first step! My mechanic friend found an open circuit at the ODB underdash connector, but I'm not sure how to trace it out.

Robochop

Robochop
Reaction score
LOL, that was my first step! My mechanic friend found an open circuit at the ODB underdash connector, but I'm not sure how to trace it out.
p.s. How do I check for power and ground, especially with the under dash modules?