Need help installing 4xguard rocker covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So going to install my 4xguard rocker covers. It says test fit the bolts through the pinch welds of the rocker panel and that there should be 6.

i cant see any holes on either side. on both sides there are 2 bolts towards the front. do i need to remove those ones? that still only leaves 2 holes at the front on each side so does this mean I need to drill all the other holes?

You must be registered for see images attach

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think you'll need to drill. Those two front bolts are for the fenders, just leave them.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I recall I had to drill

Here is my test fit.

Last edited:

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I recall I had to drill

So how the heck do you align the holes so the thing is in the right spot??

Man Im moving in 3 weeks and I have so much stuff to do. I wanted to throw these on quickly and be done with it. Now going to have to wait until after I move.......

In your test fit pic, what is holding the front of the guard up? I see the floor jack on the back.

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put it in place with the jack. Aligned it. Marked. Then took it off and drilled one hole. The put it up with the bolt and marked. Rinse repeat.

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put it in place with the jack. Aligned it. Marked. Then took it off and drilled one hole. The put it up with the bolt and marked. Rinse repeat.

Ok thank you. Do you have any pics with the doors open?

Last edited:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front bolts need removed it uses those holes, you can also make a template from the 4xguards and clamp it in place to mark for drilling

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front bolts need removed it uses those holes, you can also make a template from the 4xguards and clamp it in place to mark for drilling

The two bolts towards the front on the pinch weld ARE two of the mounting holes?

Thats helps at least there is SOMETHING already on the body to help me line it up.

Ocelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does nayone have a link for these 4xguard rocker covers?
I can't find it