My nightmare Evening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NVMY03GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tjkj2002 said:
NVMY03GT said:
Marlon_JBT said:
I don't know, but typically dealers open up at about 8AM.

f**k-n A Looked them up online 730 AM!!! Its going to be a BAD way to start the morning I can see it :(
Go get them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just out of curiosity do I pull trump card on this mean if they try to push me behind everyone can I yell? :)

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NVMY03GT said:
tjkj2002 said:
NVMY03GT said:
Marlon_JBT said:
I don't know, but typically dealers open up at about 8AM.

f**k-n A Looked them up online 730 AM!!! Its going to be a BAD way to start the morning I can see it :(
Go get them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just out of curiosity do I pull trump card on this mean if they try to push me behind everyone can I yell? :)
I yelled for like a hour when a dealer screwed up changing my fuel filter in Tacoma WA,after a hour they gave me a $200 gas card and I shut up \:D/ .I bet it looked pretty funning considering I was still in my military uniform but I didn't care.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hate to tell ya, but their might be nothing you can do, unless the dealer has all the parts needed to do the recall. There have been waiting lists for a lot of dealers since so many liberties are out there, and from what i have heard is that dealers were only getting so many parts in at a time.

NVMY03GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
especko said:
i hate to tell ya, but their might be nothing you can do, unless the dealer has all the parts needed to do the recall. There have been waiting lists for a lot of dealers since so many liberties are out there, and from what i have heard is that dealers were only getting so many parts in at a time.

So what are the people with the disabled vehicles doing I mean if a Ball Joint breaks the vehicle is down and can't move correct?

NVMY03GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I went down there had to wait 90 mins for a damn Tow Truck but never the less Jeep got it right in to their Bay the Ball joint is replaced however they are also replacing the rim since when the ball joint fell it took out scrapes into the wheel. ARGH!! Damn engineers THINK!!

On a second note I asked them if they could look at the ****** she said sure for a 79 diagnostic fee WTF? The tech did VISUALLY inspect things and didn't see anything wrong so I guess thats the good side of it all.

Jeep is also eating the tow bill

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I experience the clunk if I do not give it a fair second to completely stop prior to placing it in park. However, I also feel the clunk when changing to reverse while the engine is cold.

NVMY03GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
I experience the clunk if I do not give it a fair second to completely stop prior to placing it in park. However, I also feel the clunk when changing to reverse while the engine is cold.

Well that is Semi Reassuring - Ever had it looked at?

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a TSB for the transmission but that was because it would not shift gears properly when hitting about 45-50mph.

Other than that the clunk has always been there and I really think its a Jeep thing. It did scare me but people said it was normal. Unless when you say clunk you mean loud bang and jolting, then there may be a problem.

dnm45227

Reaction score
our '02 and at least one if not both of our '05's do the clunk when i put it in reverse (only somtimes though).

NVMY03GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dnm45227 said:
our '02 and at least one if not both of our '05's do the clunk when i put it in reverse (only somtimes though).

Mine has the clunk when going into reverse but also when stopping. Im thinking some maybe tied to a balljoint though?

NVMY03GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Day 4 now without our Jeep. Jeep called and say the wheel they ordered didn't come in this morning so we have to wait another day. Keep in mind brakes STILL have not been done yet. Oh I am bitter pissed about this one. Im seriously considering telling Jeep they should detail the car also. For a first experience dealing with Jeep this doesn't make me happy!

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, seriously, get over it! It broke, everyone knew it would. Jeep is doing the best they can considering they were closed on the weekend and a part did not come in. It is NOT the dealership's fault that a wheel did not come in and it is only one day behind anyway, so what exactly is your major gripe here. It has been in the shop for going on 2 days now, that is nothing.

NVMY03GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the_titan said:
OK, seriously, get over it! It broke, everyone knew it would. Jeep is doing the best they can considering they were closed on the weekend and a part did not come in. It is NOT the dealership's fault that a wheel did not come in and it is only one day behind anyway, so what exactly is your major gripe here. It has been in the shop for going on 2 days now, that is nothing.

Wow didn't see that response coming.

A. "I" Didn't know it would break so it doesn't mean EVERYONE
B. We've owned the jeep for less than a week and its already in the shop. Kind of depressing and embarassing to admit your car you just bought is already in the shop.
C. My Major gripe is I'm driving a Ford Escape right now because the Jeep is in the shop. Dumping Gas into something that isn't ours and the brakes still need done on the Jeep.

A few concerns I guess. I shouldn't be bitter but I am. I should be grateful they are fixing EVERYTHING for free. Just ***** that we can't drive the car we purchased.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NVMY03GT said:
especko said:

So what are the people with the disabled vehicles doing I mean if a Ball Joint breaks the vehicle is down and can't move correct?

maybe they are finally starting to catch up then? i don't know but in the beginning there were long waiting lists with dealers only getting like 3 sets of ball joint parts per week or so.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so usually after they fix the recall on the ball joint, then its fixed right? like it wont just pop out again.

papasmurf42482

Reaction score
Ya know you guys are messed up blameing all this crap on the dealer!!! I am a tech at a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer, and we didn't build the the f**king jeep!! I gotta say we bust are ***** trying to make people that have no mechanical knowledge happy only to get craped on anyway!!! Everything cost money, even diagnostic time on your jeep. If they dont charge you how do they pay me??? Techs get paid buy the job not the hour and just FYI that recall pays 1.1 hrs. I'm one of the better guys there and I can barely do it in that time all while I got some ******* customer who doesnt have a clue staring at me!!! How would you like it if came to your desk at you job at stared at you while you worked??? I dont mean to be harsh but guys have no clue what its like to try and make money in this warrenty ridden field anymore!!

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, come shadow me for a day. Let me ask you first, do you have a security clearance?

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
papasmurf42482, your preaching to the wrong crowd, this is not some littel $3000 honda vehicle, so if your wheel comes off while your driving, you tend to get pissed off. If you dont like working there, then find another mechanical place to work for or tell the people who built the car to do a better job. Not everyone has a second vehicle to go back to while you wait weeks to have a car fixed, its not like its a recall you can just live with if the ball joint fails and your short a wheel! The harsh reality for you is, you took the job so you gotta live with it, if you dont like it, theres plenty of other mechanical jobs out there for you to take. But try and piss on the customers because they dont like their wheels coming off on them, sorry for wanting safety (whistle)