My nightmare Evening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NVMY03GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got my tires from TireDiscounters today. Had them mounted and balanced got it back on the highway. It road AWESOME friggin incredible actually.

We decided to stop and get something to eat. But then with the 45 min wait we decided against it. So as we were leaving the parking lot. "CLICK BOOM" I was like what the hell I pulled forward just a notch and just SCRAPPPPPPEE. I was like Holy hell. I got out looked underneath. Ball Joint dropped out of the bottom. Had to call a tow truck. Took the guy almost 45 minutes to get it on the flat bed.

I had them tow it right back where I got it from. 7 days and the ball joint dropped out of the bottom, the brakes are apparently shot (Rotors are scarred) I've had to replace tires because the one tire had a slow leak in it and it wasn't salvageable.

Can you tell I'm mad?

In Short anyone had Ball Joints done on this car? How much are we talking?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
TAKE IT STRAIGHT TO THE DEALERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T PAY A DIME!

THOSE BALL JOINTS HAVE BEEN RECALLED, THEY (DaimlerChrysler) ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF THAT!

That is all.

NVMY03GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
TAKE IT STRAIGHT TO THE DEALERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T PAY A DIME!

THOSE BALL JOINTS HAVE BEEN RECALLED, THEY (DaimlerChrysler) ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF THAT!

That is all.

Do you guys have a link to the recall? Im going to take it to them directly.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch, sorry to hear that, exactly like marlon said. In any case, even if you have gotten them done, take it back to dealer, better yet drop your jeep in front of their entrance with a note on it "FIX IT".

I hope you get it fixed soon without any major side problems.

dnm45227

Reaction score
be thankful you weren't traveling at speed when it failed, and like marlon said don't pay a dime.

the recall started out as early models only, but was expanded to ALL YEARS recently.

NVMY03GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dnm45227 said:
be thankful you weren't traveling at speed when it failed, and like marlon said don't pay a dime.

the recall started out as early models only, but was expanded to ALL YEARS recently.

Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately Its at the other dealerships lot right now. So Ill have to have it towed somewhere else.

I thnk wifey just found the"Official Link"

NVMY03GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dnm45227 said:

Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately Its at the other dealerships lot right now. So Ill have to have it towed somewhere else.

I thnk wifey just found the"Official Link"

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
take it back to dealer, better yet drop your jeep in front of their entrance with a note on it "FIX IT".
If you do this, PLEASE TAKE PICS! I wanna see it... make the sign nice and big. lol3.gif

NVMY03GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
DO NOT HAVE THE DEALERSHIP TAKE THEIR TIME WITH THIS. THIS IS WHY THE RECALL IS NOT WORKING, especially since its a Safety recall.

http://jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6848

Yes, like Marlon said, let us see pics if you put a sign on it. That would be awesome!!

Well I took it back to the dealership I got it from last night before I posted this so right now its on their lot. Problem is Jeep (Actual dealer) is closed over the weekend so nothing will get done until Monday. The dealer where I got it from parked a huge truck in front of it so noone could see the Ball Joint out. Nice huh?

My question is the tow truck guy had one hell of a time moving it last night because obviously without the ball joint in place the wheel won't go round. So will the come out and replace the ball joint on the spot?

Also the brakes are shot - rotors are chewed to shit and back so I got the Dealer about that also but he said he won't do it through Jeep because its mroe expensive. Fine whatever.

I have a couple more questions:

1. What is the likelyness of these breaking again after they fix them? and are they recalled again if they break again?

2. Can Jeep do an overall inspection of the vehicle while its in there to see if there is anything else wrong with it?

3. When you guys come down to a stop and the vehicle stops do you feel something else shift when it comes to a stop almost like something is setting back down. May be completely normal but I want to make sure its not a ****** slipping or anything.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership should cover everything since its under its a recall for the balljoints. They should pay for the towing charges and everything.

Yea, the Jeep dealership can check other things to make sure everything is in order. O:)

The place that put your tires on should of checked that when they had the wheels off. I guess most places are doing the work to get done, not to do it right. :-s Checking the suspension should be standard procedure when changing the tires out/getting an alignment(if you got one).. O:)

NVMY03GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
The dealership should cover everything since its under its a recall for the balljoints. They should pay for the towing charges and everything.

Yea, the Jeep dealership can check other things to make sure everything is in order. O:)

The place that put your tires on should of checked that when they had the wheels off. I guess most places are doing the work to get done, not to do it right. :-s Checking the suspension should be standard procedure when changing the tires out/getting an alignment(if you got one).. O:)

Well I called the place that put the tires on also and chewed their ass but the guy at the "Walmart" said its probably a Ball Joint he said the jeeps are notorius for having them go out. I was like Wow thats great. Walmart only does oil changes and tires they don't touch brakes nor suspension. But I don't know how you can look at something and have it go out and not notice it then again it may not go out when it was in the air it may have just been enough to drop it out when we put a load on it when going over a corner.

I need to talk to Jeep when it goes over. The ****** has me concerned. Do you guys think thats what it could be when Im stopping or starting off?

Wifey enjoyed the Ford Escape they gave us. I on the other hand couldn't stand it! I want my Jeep back :)

NVMY03GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Err? Transmission? What? Confused... What's a transmission got to do with a ball joint?

What I was saying is I'm also concerned about my tranmission on the jeep because switching from reverse or drive there is a serious JERK. Also when I come to a stop I stop but then something else stops behind me it feels like I don't know how else to descirbe it. Could this all be Ball Joint related?

NVMY03GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
lol. Sounds Jeepish. Do you park on any sort of hill?

LMAO!!! Nope its not stuck on the shuttle It can be sitting on a complete flat surface. Someone said they had a flash for it where it would help a little bit. My concern is that extra bump when Ic ome down to a stop Its like something else is stopping after I stop. If that makes any sense LMAO!

NVMY03GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another question: What time do these Jeep dealerships open up? Im going to be waiting for this place to open up by their front door. I imagine they are going to do there best to push back on me and say there are others before me but Im going to bitch until I get my way :)

NVMY03GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
I don't know, but typically dealers open up at about 8AM.

****-n A Looked them up online 730 AM!!! Its going to be a BAD way to start the morning I can see it :(