My Blue KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm going through everything wrong with the Jeep and replacing and fixing everything before winter. Next up is the front crank seal then the rear driver axle seal. Debating on whether to do both at the same time along with the bearings since I have to take the diff cover off to get the axle shafts out.

But soon you will have a new jeep! Or at least all new jeep parts haha

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My front crankseal came in today and I will hopefully be changing that out and also swapping to mobil 1 and rotating the tires Sunday.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using the power of children's laughter

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed my crank seal yesterday after work and did a mobil 1 ep oil change with a purolator pureone filter. The old seal was pretty grimy and worn out

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on my tires:

They're Definity Dakota A/T2's from Pepboys. they're made by Cooper so they're not that bad. In all honesty they're great tires, good in snow, rain, dirt, sand, mud, pretty much anything I can throw at them.

I've got about 10k miles on them (that's being conservative I don't really know how many I've put on them probably a few thousand more than that) and there a practically no signs of wear at all

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Current plans for the Jeep are Tomorrow to fix my leaky rear axle seal at work, I'll be replacing both rear seals and bearings since I have to pop the diff cover over to get the shafts out.

After that I am going to be building a custom front bumper and eventually a rear bumper as well. I am going to use 3/16" rectangular box tube for the center section and wings and use 11 gauge to fill in the gaps, mounts will be made with 1/4" angle shoved in the frame rails and bolted on. Same with the rear, except the mounts will be bolted with the same location where the trailer hitch is. I'm extremely bad at sketching things so I'm not gonna supply one because it won't represent the finished product at all and will look terrible lol.

After the fronts done I will swapping out my headunit for a new one along with new speakers. I'm going to use a component system up front and midwoofers for the rear doors.

Any comments and/or suggestions are always welcome

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Current plans for the Jeep are Tomorrow to fix my leaky rear axle seal at work, I'll be replacing both rear seals and bearings since I have to pop the diff cover over to get the shafts out.

After that I am going to be building a custom front bumper and eventually a rear bumper as well. I am going to use 3/16" rectangular box tube for the center section and wings and use 11 gauge to fill in the gaps, mounts will be made with 1/4" angle shoved in the frame rails and bolted on. Same with the rear, except the mounts will be bolted with the same location where the trailer hitch is. I'm extremely bad at sketching things so I'm not gonna supply one because it won't represent the finished product at all and will look terrible lol.

After the fronts done I will swapping out my headunit for a new one along with new speakers. I'm going to use a component system up front and midwoofers for the rear doors.

Any comments and/or suggestions are always welcome

Best of luck! Hope it comes out better than 99% of the custom bumpers out there. I have a seen a few good ones and more than a few not so good (as you're aware... :rofl:)

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahaha it won't be a big ass fat ugly bumper I can assure you that! I don't plan on running a winch so it will be a nice skinny bumper, nothing too crazy.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so i did finish both rear axle seals and bearings a couple weeks ago just never got around to updating the thread

The pics of the diff are there because i needed to take the c clips holding the axle shafts in were inside there.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put in my new headunit today this thing is awesome way better than my previous one.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my front pads and rotors today. Changed with AcDelco rotors and ceramic pads. Here's some comparison pics between old and new

You must be registered for see images attach

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I put in my new rad since the old one was starting to leak due to dry rot and cracks in the plastic tanks on the old one. So without further adu here's the ****.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did you go with a Mopar unit for an '02? I see your new one has the in-rad ****** cooler like an '02 or early '03 has. I can spot the plastic covers for the inlet and outlet from a mile away :waytogo:

Bob

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Quite a contrast between the old and the new. :favorites13:

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did you go with a Mopar unit for an '02? I see your new one has the in-rad ****** cooler like an '02 or early '03 has. I can spot the plastic covers for the inlet and outlet from a mile away :waytogo:

Bob

I went with a Spectra premium for an '02 figuring it only has to last me a year before I hopefully trade it in on something newer

profdlp said:
Quite a contrast between the old and the new.

Yup! the old one looks pretty nasty:gr_grin:

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming springtime I will be modding the jeep since I will have more funds available to me and will no longer be in school.

One of those mods just got moved up to being done asap seeing as how my UBJ's up front have a scary amount of play in them. So I will be replacing with JBA UCA's within the next week or so. My stock UCA's lasted over 2 full years of being lifted 3" so I think it's finally time to do the swap.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The UCA's came in today and I honestly don't know why I waited this long to get them. Pictures just don't do them justice to how beefy they are.

The customary Jesus DVD

And the arms themselves like I said the pictures don't do them justice

Latest posts

Members online