My Blue KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The UCA's came in today and I honestly don't know why I waited this long to get them. Pictures just don't do them justice to how beefy they are.
You must be registered for see images attach

The customary Jesus DVD

And the arms themselves like I said the pictures don't do them justice

Sent from my iPhone using the power of children's laughter

Awesome! Ya that was the one regret I had when I did my lift. Should have just bought them from the beginning!

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got around to doing them today. Finished the driver's side before work then the passenger and alignment at work. It's scary and awesome how tight the front end is now. Just shows just how bad my balljoints were.

Taking it apart.

Comparison

Look at this crazy angle they were at

And finally installed

P.S. That driver rear bolt made me want to punch a baby

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a steel spacer between the boot and the spindle?

Mine have the boots that barely stay on the ball joint - they frequently pop off when I grease them. And I definitely don't have that kind of space between the boot and spindle. Curious...

Bob

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea mine came with a steel spacer. Do you have the gen 4.5 arms?

And for the rust repair I cut out the rotted metal and welded in new sheet metal

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea mine came with a steel spacer. Do you have the gen 4.5 arms?

And for the rust repair I cut out the rotted metal and welded in new sheet metal

Yep, mine are the Gen 4.5 - purchased about 3 1/2 years ago now. Wonder what Marlin changed...?

I'm going to be doing the same repair on the rockers on my '03. Just bought a welder from Eastwood and when I'm able to start working on the Libby again I'll weld in some new panels after cutting out the cancer :emotions34: Since my lower rockers are bedlined I'm not too worried about having a perfect bead - I just want to cut out the bad stuff and weld in some new, treated sheet metal. May do the same to a small spot on the right rear corner of the roof if the rocker repair goes well and I feel confident enough :party52:

Bob

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful when welding it, it likes to burn through the thin sheet metal really easily I'd do a practice run on some sheet metal that's a comparable gauge to stock and maybe he added the spacer for some reason to alleviate the boot issue or just an angle issue?:shrug:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful when welding it, it likes to burn through the thin sheet metal really easily I'd do a practice run on some sheet metal that's a comparable gauge to stock and maybe he added the spacer for some reason to alleviate the boot issue or just an angle issue?:shrug:

Yep, I'll be doing a lot of practice especially since I haven't welded since shop class. And that was a "few" years ago so I'm a little 'rusty.' :happy175:

I may give Marlin a call when he gets bak to the shop to see why he ships the spacer with the new A-arms.

Bob

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I'll be doing a lot of practice especially since I haven't welded since shop class. And that was a "few" years ago so I'm a little 'rusty.' :happy175:

I may give Marlin a call when he gets bak to the shop to see why he ships the spacer with the new A-arms.

Bob

The way it was explained to me was the Moog balljoint needs the spacer...he used to use a different brand of balljoint (Raybestos? not sure...)

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it would but my p/s camber adjustment bolt is seized so I'm gonna have to deal with it since replacing it really isn't worth imo.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it would but my p/s camber adjustment bolt is seized so I'm gonna have to deal with it since replacing it really isn't worth imo.

Ugh tire wear. How bad is the alignment?

You using a big enough cheater? :D

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh tire wear. How bad is the alignment?

You using a big enough cheater? :D

Using a torch at work I'm also not trying to go balls to the wall and snap the thing. I'd be royally f'ed if that happened. It's out by a degree

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Using a torch at work I'm also not trying to go balls to the wall and snap the thing. I'd be royally f'ed if that happened. It's out by a degree

Well you could cut the nut and the bolt head off, then use a punch to get it through. Not the easiest but it would definitely work.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And then I have to find a dealer that has a few in stock and if they don't my jeep would be down and out on the alignment rack which isn't an option since it gets used everyday and I need the jeep to commute

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And then I have to find a dealer that has a few in stock and if they don't my jeep would be down and out on the alignment rack which isn't an option since it gets used everyday and I need the jeep to commute

Get the bolt before hand? :icon_question:

Latest posts

Members online