My Blue KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch!

Sorry 'bout your luck lately!

Hey just an excuse to get new rims! :big_banana_Dance:

And I'm actually very glad it happened when the roads were mostly dry. If it happened when it was snowing I could've died

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blue I have a set of 5 renegade rims in pretty good shape that I picked up for $150 from one of the guys on here. You want em? I decided I wasn't gonna use them (for mine, nor my friend's Jeep). They seem to be straight. If you have $150, all you would need to do is pick em up. PM me!

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going for steelys if i had steels on originally the rim never wouldve cracked and plus i want 3.75 bs on the dwindows

Sent from my iPhone using the power of children's laughter

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went through the whole thread, sweet build up man. The wheels will make a big difference! I'm assuming you're going wider?

Sent from My Porcelain Throne using Tapatalk

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went through the whole thread, sweet build up man. The wheels will make a big difference! I'm assuming you're going wider?

Thanks for taking the time to read through it! And yup I'm gonna go wider. I want the tire to be past the fender

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should look awesome man! I put rubicon rims on mine and the tires are about even with the fenders, changed the whole look. Cant wait to see some pics of yours.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday I went to fix my leaking ****** pan. When I went to unbolt it I realized the bolts were loose, and I mean WAY loose to the point where I could have easily gotten them out with my bare hand. So i torqued those bad boys back down and so far no leaking in the past 2 days.

Now I attempted to replace the fan clutch but to get the fan clutch out you need to take the fan shroud out which requires that the fan clutch be out to get the shroud out. Sooo I'm going to shave some of the bottom shroud out to get it out and over the fan clutch so I can get that all nice and fixed tomorrow.

Now it looks like my CV Joint on my front dshaft is starting to go again after only months of having the replacement join on there. It spewed a little bit of grease out and I'm hoping that it was only some extra that worked its way out since there are no tears or leaks visible. So i wiped it all down and waiting to see if there's anymore there after a few days of driving.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday I went to fix my leaking ****** pan. When I went to unbolt it I realized the bolts were loose, and I mean WAY loose to the point where I could have easily gotten them out with my bare hand. So i torqued those bad boys back down and so far no leaking in the past 2 days.

Now I attempted to replace the fan clutch but to get the fan clutch out you need to take the fan shroud out which requires that the fan clutch be out to get the shroud out. Sooo I'm going to shave some of the bottom shroud out to get it out and over the fan clutch so I can get that all nice and fixed tomorrow.

Now it looks like my CV Joint on my front dshaft is starting to go again after only months of having the replacement join on there. It spewed a little bit of grease out and I'm hoping that it was only some extra that worked its way out since there are no tears or leaks visible. So i wiped it all down and waiting to see if there's anymore there after a few days of driving.

Ya I had a little extra come out of the end of the boot after I did mine. 6 months later and no issues so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I had a little extra come out of the end of the boot after I did mine. 6 months later and no issues so far.

Its been good and no more has come out since.

Ok so I tried the fan clutch again today and no dice. I got the fan shroud out after i cut out some of it to fit past the clutch but after that i got no where.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a trip to Harbor Freight to pick up a couple tools, here's the Libby sitting in the icy parking lot.
You must be registered for see images

And here's what I picked up an air hammer and an angle grinder.
You must be registered for see images attach

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a trip to Harbor Freight to pick up a couple tools, here's the Libby sitting in the icy parking lot.

Air hammer and an angle grinder. New techno music or jeep mods?

And here's what I picked up an air hammer and an angle grinder.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol the air hammer is to get the fan clutch off and the angle grinder is something to have since I'll be needing it in the near future:secret:

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally decided to sell my system I need more space and I don't really use it anymore.

Attachments

• 1794695_576784022400149_1129236901_n.jpg
    1794695_576784022400149_1129236901_n.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got an alignment on Sunday since a hit a curb due to the icy roads Saturday night.

The tech forgot to tighten up a lower a arm bolt so I was getting a mean clunking like the Jeep was about to fall apart. Tightened it all up and all is well.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I attempted my fan clutch yet again but this time I took pics and devised a neat little tool for those who dont want to spend $150 on a pneumatic fan clutch tool.

Ok so here's the removal of the HD fan shroud. I loosened up this bar thing (not sure if rad support or not) so I would have a bit more wiggle room

And here's the shroud with the e-fan inside

Here's where i cut out a notch to fit it over the fan clutch.

And here's my mechanical fan. Big ol sucker aint she? (Lol at my pun)

Ok now here's the tool I made. I bout a cheap harbor freight 12in adjustable wrench and sliced a notch on each side to fit my air hammer chisel into.

And here's me attempting to use it.

It didnt work for me since it appears my fan clutch is fused to the water pump. That or my compressor just is t powerful enough (lil 1 gal).

So if you dont feel like buying a pneumatic tool just try this method it only costs like $6 and is worth a try. You might want to have a buddy make sure the pulley wont move either. Mine still moved anyway so its probably fused so new water pump for me now.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I attempted my fan clutch yet again but this time I took pics and devised a neat little tool for those who dont want to spend $150 on a pneumatic fan clutch tool.

Ok so here's the removal of the HD fan shroud. I loosened up this bar thing (not sure if rad support or not) so I would have a bit more wiggle room

And here's the shroud with the e-fan inside

Here's where i cut out a notch to fit it over the fan clutch.

And here's my mechanical fan. Big ol sucker aint she? (Lol at my pun)

Ok now here's the tool I made. I bout a cheap harbor freight 12in adjustable wrench and sliced a notch on each side to fit my air hammer chisel into.

And here's me attempting to use it.

It didnt work for me since it appears my fan clutch is fused to the water pump. That or my compressor just is t powerful enough (lil 1 gal).

So if you dont feel like buying a pneumatic tool just try this method it only costs like $6 and is worth a try. You might want to have a buddy make sure the pulley wont move either. Mine still moved anyway so its probably fused so new water pump for me now.

I'll send you my water pump

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to get a brand new one from work.

Anyways I rotated my tires yesterday, and planning out my waterpump replacement. I am going to do both radiator hoses with the "while I'm in there mentality" and also replace the tstat, and maybe do a coolant flush as well.