Making Ms Liberty mine thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Mine was a ********* bear on the NE ext of the PA turnpike near Bear Creek (Wilkes-Barre). Broad daylight and he or she was bookin' straight across in front of me. Never even paused or looked. Must have been late for dinner. I was doing about 85 in my 88 Beretta. No idea how I missed it. A little help from above I think.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some reason I'm having trouble adding pictures. I have to upload them one at a time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 10

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pic 3 Notice how much articulation the Jeep manages to get with all 4 tires still on the ground?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pic 4. If you look at pic 3, you'll see how I managed to get into the last bolt of the hitch to use the torque wrench. I'm glad I did. Was no where near the 71 ft/lbs the instructions said it needed to be.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 11

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Pic 4. If you look at pic 3, you'll see how I managed to get into the last bolt of the hitch to use the torque wrench. I'm glad I did. Was no where near the 71 ft/lbs the instructions said it needed to be.

Good job. It's all about strategy. Where there's a will there's a way.

Handyd

Reaction score
Hello All!
Deer! We are hittin bone here with all the deer talk! Although, the deer that totaled my S10 ZR2 commuter, moved me into a Lib Renegade...Fair trade huh? This morning coming over the canyon at 4 am, 3 doe were dancing in the lane next to me(got lucky they didn't wanna dance with me!) and 10 more miles up the road, another doe was standing on the white line with a very up close look at my Renegade...I guess she didn't want to dance with me either! So for the last week that I've owned it, here's my struggle...damn fun commuter over the top of a 60 mile long canyon, or make an even more fun after work play toy?? My place of employment is on 230 acres in central Utah, with lots of back country, and I'm an hour and a half from Moab. The quandary is...I have a Cherokee crawler I've spent a little coin on...ok maybe more than a little! So far my renegade is stock, since I've only had her a week, but I cannot leave anything alone!
So...leave her stock? Or mild lift and lock her and crawl her? By the way...is there a Tera low transfer case kit for the NV231? My crawler has an NP231, and I did one in it...but, the Tera low might be the deal breaker on crawling if it's not available!

Happy trails all! Remember the Harley mentality...it also applies to jeepin! Buy em big, and rub what ya don't need off!

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All!
Deer! We are hittin bone here with all the deer talk! Although, the deer that totaled my S10 ZR2 commuter, moved me into a Lib Renegade...Fair trade huh? This morning coming over the canyon at 4 am, 3 doe were dancing in the lane next to me(got lucky they didn't wanna dance with me!) and 10 more miles up the road, another doe was standing on the white line with a very up close look at my Renegade...I guess she didn't want to dance with me either!

Why is it, every time you see a dear, either its out of season, or you don't have a tag in your pocket?

So far my renegade is stock, since I've only had her a week, but I cannot leave anything alone!
So...leave her stock? Or mild lift and lock her and crawl her? By the way...is there a Tera low transfer case kit for the NV231? My crawler has an NP231, and I did one in it...but, the Tera low might be the deal breaker on crawling if it's not available!

Happy trails all! Remember the Harley mentality...it also applies to jeepin! Buy em big, and rub what ya don't need off!

Glad to hear about your new Rene, but you might get more answers to your questions, if you start your own thread.

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Why is it, every time you see a dear, either its out of season, or you don't have a tag in your pocket?

Ain't that the truth! I'd always see the nicest bear during small game season and the nicest buck during bear season. Got real close and personal with a bear one small game season while I was playing "dog". My dad and uncle got a big kick out of that. I almost needed a new pair of shorts! :happy175:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Deer are easy to take care of
Well them and Toyota Camrys
all the same see em, hit keep on going
Oh yeah aftermarket bumpers help a lot
My old ARB took care of plenty deer and that pesky Camry

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How did that Ford truck make out?:signs8:

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See, I knew if we kept talking, something good would come of it. An ARB bumper and winch, any way to find these things used? If so, where?

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Oh I knew you took out a Toyota but I didn't know it was a Camry. My Lady ate a Camry as well. Bare though so she had a ding or two.

See, I knew if we kept talking, something good would come of it. An ARB bumper and winch, any way to find these things used? If so, where?
They pop up occasionally from members here (Cough Tom). But otherwise keep an eye on craigslist and such. They are kinda rare though.
https://nh.craigslist.org/pts/4347626194.html

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a new Midland 75-822 hand held CB radio with a 48" fiberglass whip antenna mounted to the roof rails. The antenna is one of those no ground types. It works pretty good, I just talked to my wife, and she is about 3 miles away at her work. She said I came in a little scratchy, but so did she on her Cobra with a 42" magnet mount antenna. I think her radio is stronger than mine. I may take mine back and get one like hers and see tomorrow.

I get my Ms's a/c evacuated tomorrow. That's the end of the replacement of the engine. After that she will be perfect. She is running awesome. Drives and feels like a brand new vehicle. :High 5:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's your SWR meter reading? I thought all cbs are the same power and regulated to be such. Your antenna probably needs more tuning or the fact it's a groundless one might be affecting you.