Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed another light bar on my Lib today. Love the look and it's BRIGHT. Haven't seen any pictures of light bars mounted the way I did, so I'm very pleased with the final product! Sturdy as can be and looks great! All for under $200, can't beat it. Let me know what you guys think

Attachments

• IMG_2237.jpg
    IMG_2237.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd LOVE to tell you what I think... but I cant see the details of how you mounted it up close! Need more pics!

From afar, it looks good. I think that, plus maybe some added aux lights on your bull bar would be sweet.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys so far, I'll post more pics up close. The top light bar is what I recently installed! and it is curved with 4D lenses.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd LOVE to tell you what I think... but I cant see the details of how you mounted it up close! Need more pics!

From afar, it looks good. I think that, plus maybe some added aux lights on your bull bar would be sweet.

Pics from the sides and front

Attachments

• IMG_2238.jpg
    IMG_2238.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 100
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2240.jpg
    IMG_2240.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 91

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics from the sides and front

I like that bracket. Did you make that yourself? I also like that price...do you have the link to the bar?

And if you don't mind me asking, how is it attached to the Jeep? Drilled holes and bolted on?

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that bracket. Did you make that yourself? I also like that price...do you have the link to the bar?

And if you don't mind me asking, how is it attached to the Jeep? Drilled holes and bolted on?

No, the bracket is actually from Amazon for about $18. It comes with all the bolts you need. Right behind the rubber weather strip inside the door there's a flat surface with metal behind it. Just drilled through that, put some thread locker on it and it's sturdy as can be ! Longest process was putting the brackets where I wanted them to be and drill the holes, then the wiring which is easy. I've bought both of my light bars from AUXBEAM lighting. They have amazing quality products for a low price. I would highly recommend buying all auxiliary lighting from them because they have warranties and really fast shipping. I ordered mine last Friday and it still arrived on Tuesday even with the holiday.
Here's the link to the bar I got:
https://www.auxbeam.com/led-light-bars/32-49-inch-led-light-bars/70018986

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Funny everyone and their Mother is getting LED light bars anymore,
had one, sold it going back to what works

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By chance do you have a link to the brackets that you used?

I actually bought the last set from the seller at the time, but I'm sure you can use other brands and they'd work just fine. Just get all of your measurements right before you buy everything; you wouldn't want to get the wrong size bar or mount. It took me a day or two to find exactly what I wanted.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny everyone and their Mother is getting LED light bars anymore,
had one, sold it going back to what works

My light bars work. I drive down a lot of country/back roads so they work adequately fine for me. The more light I have to see deer and other animals, the better.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My light bars work. I drive down a lot of country/back roads so they work adequately fine for me. The more light I have to see deer and other animals, the better.

BUT with these cheaper LED light bars they throw light near you but not long distance , higher end ones have some but most just throw light that appears to light up more but doesn't really.
I like long range lights that show WAY down the road
and yes I grew up and still am a regular visitor to areas where you drive for 20-25 miles and never pass another vehicle and its black as midnight

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BUT with these cheaper LED light bars they throw light near you but not long distance , higher end ones have some but most just throw light that appears to light up more but doesn't really.
I like long range lights that show WAY down the road
and yes I grew up and still am a regular visitor to areas where you drive for 20-25 miles and never pass another vehicle and its black as midnight

I agree with you on the cheap LED light bars because I wouldn't buy one from eBay or Amazon, but Auxbeam sells great quality products. Even with my 23" I can see miles down the road from the spot beam and quite far to the sides with the flood pattern; so I can't imagine how much I'll be able to see with my new one also. I'd choose one of their lights over any other type (halogen)/brand of light. Then again, I've had great experience with them so that's where I'm coming from.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with you on the cheap LED light bars because I wouldn't buy one from eBay or Amazon, but Auxbeam sells great quality products. Even with my 23" I can see miles down the road from the spot beam and quite far to the sides with the flood pattern; so I can't imagine how much I'll be able to see with my new one also. I'd choose one of their lights over any other type (halogen)/brand of light. Then again, I've had great experience with them so that's where I'm coming from.

They don't use any products from Philips,I can guarantee that.Philips LED's carry a 12 year warranty for there automotive LED's and for the amount needed for a 42" bar your looking at a $2000 light bar min.

1 year warranty and only IP67 rated with no thermo protection.It's cheap for a reason.

All my LED's have a lifetime warranty and thermo protection,yeah not as cheap but worth it.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't use any products from Philips,I can guarantee that.Philips LED's carry a 12 year warranty for there automotive LED's and for the amount needed for a 42" bar your looking at a $2000 light bar min.

1 year warranty and only IP67 rated with no thermo protection.It's cheap for a reason.

All my LED's have a lifetime warranty and thermo protection,yeah not as cheap but worth it.

Not everyone plans on keeping their mid 2000's Jeep for 12 years. Some do...some don't. Just the way of things. So why pay for a warranty you might not use?

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That bracket and mounting method looks solid. Nicely done there. And thanks for the pics!

Now the harsher part...

... Even with my 23" I can see miles down the road from the spot beam and quite far to the sides with the flood pattern...

Miles? I highly doubt it.

I am a flashaholic... I am addicted to designing, building, and modifying flashlights of all sorts... I am constantly on BudgetLightForum and CPF, others...

Miles of throw is not going to happen unless you have a 75-100+ watt HID searchlight, one that has a 7" diameter reflector 5" deep. And even at that, the beam will only be 1 degree wide at 1.5 miles or so... a pencil beam as we say. (That's not to say 1.0mile throw cannot be achieved by any other light, it can... but you'll have more than $200 into it, and it sure as heck wont be a multi-emitter light with a 1.5" deep reflector like this light bar). And this 75w HID searchlight would be something like a MaxaBeam... a $1900 light.

There is no way you are getting more than 100m of throw based on the dimensions at Auxbeam. They say 80 emitters at 3w each, 24,000 lumens of output, 240w total. That's probably a stretch. That would be running each LED at max, which is not likely with whatever driver board they are using. They're quoting hypothetical max potential there.. 300 lumens per LED.

That being said, that doesn't mean it's a **** light bar. But you will most certainly get more distance and throw out of a pair of round 6.5" offroad lights.

Glad you like the light bar, I am sure that for what you want it for, it'll do just fine.

Last edited:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, I was mainly just trying to show off my mounting location since I haven't seen anyone else do it with a KJ. But, I'm open to criticism and people's opinions ! I went with Auxbeam because their lighting products are good quality and reliable. As stated before, I'm not going to have my KJ for 12 more years. So I do not need to worry about a $600-$800 light bar when they're almost all the same with little added features, except the really cheap eBay ones for example. Anyhow, I appreciate all of the comments and I hope I helped people see that they can have a windshield light bar like many other off-road rigs