I like this,,,, BUT has anyone purchased this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MsRandiCook

Cookie
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
HITCH MOUNT SPARE TIRE CARRIER

Time to get that spare from underneath your vehicle!
Our spare tire carrier is strong and sturdy, with options to make it unique to you

Comes with:

Spare Tire Hitch Swingout
Comes raw steel (see option for finish coats)
Dual sheered hinge w/ 1000lb wheel bearings
Anti-wobble Locking Hitch pin
Locking latch
Toyota 6x5.5 Lug Pattern (Email for alternative lug patterns)
License Plate Relocation (Includes solar light)

Options:

Powdercoating (Fine Wrinkle Black)
Frontrunner Drop Down Table
Secondary Hitch

PLEASE NOTE: If shipping the tire carrier, scratching may occur with the powdercoat

Any questions, please email us: [email protected]

We do custom sizes and configurations for vehicles if you dont want our standard size carrier. This is an added charge for the additional design & shop time (+$200)

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

AFT2008KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive seen others. But not that one. If built well it may be a viable option. How big a tire you running??

MsRandiCook

Cookie
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive seen others. But not that one. If built well it may be a viable option. How big a tire you running??
Not real tall. Only thinking of a 3l"-32" tall tire and a 3" lift w/1" frame shim.

AFT2008KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not real tall. Only thinking of a 3l"-32" tall tire and a 3" lift w/1" frame shim.
Before you do anything. Check out the many lift posts. I thought about it for a bit. Then decided against it. Wasn’t worth the hassle.

Drag Line

Reaction score
Ask the seller to send you the installation instructions.
You might find that what it is to be attached to may have to be reinforced to keep it from sagging a few years from now or possibly cutting some body or trim parts that you may not want to for aesthetic reasons.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I don’t know if you’ve already overcome the obstacle… but they state that it’s pickup only. Unless your in western Michigan, could be an issue.

MsRandiCook

Cookie
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if you’ve already overcome the obstacle… but they state that it’s pickup only. Unless your in western Michigan, could be an issue.
Thank goodness they are just up the road. But my purse is shaking from the cost!

hannasm

Reaction score
That tire carrier looks like a nice option.

I was able to fit a LT245/75R16 tire underneath my liberty in the stock spare location with a bit of work. Specifically i added a piece of 1/2" steel between the factory hitch receiver and the body.

I previously had an aftermarket hitch receiver and that could barely fit the stock 29" tire so it's worth considering what kind of hitch receiver you have. If you remove the hitch receiver you would have a bit more space for a spare too.

The tire fits pretty tight like this but it does work, so if you really are just wanting to carry a 30.5" tire you may be able to skip the extra carrier.

You may want to get your new tires installed first and then if you can't make the spare fit underneath you can look into other options.

MsRandiCook

Cookie
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That tire carrier looks like a nice option.

I was able to fit a LT245/75R16 tire underneath my liberty in the stock spare location with a bit of work. Specifically i added a piece of 1/2" steel between the factory hitch receiver and the body.

I previously had an aftermarket hitch receiver and that could barely fit the stock 29" tire so it's worth considering what kind of hitch receiver you have. If you remove the hitch receiver you would have a bit more space for a spare too.

The tire fits pretty tight like this but it does work, so if you really are just wanting to carry a 30.5" tire you may be able to skip the extra carrier.

You may want to get your new tires installed first and then if you can't make the spare fit underneath you can look into other options.
My issue is I don't want to crawl under the darn truck to get to the tire. This would be so much easier. At 68, I like easy!

Thanks for the recommendation!

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might be worth looking at the KJ spare carrier to see if one of them would bolt onto the KK, the pictures are of the one on my parts Jeep.

MsRandiCook

Cookie
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our doors swing up. We don't enjoy side swing rear doors. We have to do a full replacement bumper with a tire hinge or this.