Lifting a 2007 Jeep Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacAndrew93

Reaction score
I'm looking at lifting my 2007 libby but don't want to have to worry about a lot of customization. If I'm not mistaken 3in is as tall as you can go without having to do new drivelines and extensions, is that true? I plan on going with a 2.5in suspension kit from rusty's offroad and some sort of 1in spacer kit, I was thinking daystar? any recommendations?

Your help is much appreciated

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not my area of expertise and I've only installed a lift on one liberty, but this gets brought up enough that anybody on here should be able to absorb the information like a sponge sitting in water.

OME/Bilstein combo.
If you scroll through this Lift Kit Discussion forum, there's hundreds of people who have gone with the height you're looking for. You can go up to 3.5" but should get JBA upper A-Arms if you do. Any higher and you'll have spring contact on the control arms.. as well as have an askew pinion angle. I'd stay in the 2.5-3" range you're looking at already, but would go with OME springs and Bilstein shocks, although you can get OME shocks as well to match the springs.
This will set you up at 2.5" above stock, but probably about 2 1/4" in the front after it settles.
If you're looking to go slighty higher, you can do a 3/8" clevis lift using conduit nuts and it will give you an extra 3/4" of an inch of lift. This will set you at 3 1/4" lift, or about 3" after it all settles out.
You can also get top plates from JBA that will give you another 1/2" of lift if desired.
You're looking at about 850 900 bucks, but remember you will also need a bushing kit if you go bilstein that you can get through JBA. You'll also need 2 upper isolators for the front and 4 hockey pucks for bump stops in the rear. You can get Teraflex bumpstops.. and don't get crown isolators, you'll regret that.

Remember to set aside money for at least 2-3 alignments as well.
Make sure you read through a few lift install threads beforehand to make sure there's nothing else you need, and that the information I've provided is correct.

All in all.. not too bad.. 900 bucks and you should be able to sit 3" above where you do now, and have your liberty riding MUCH better than it does on its stock shocks/springs.. which IMO, are junk from the getgo.

If you just want to get a kit and not worry about getting separate parts, visit JBAoffroad. Lots of information on this site though, the search button will be your best friend once you've begun to use it!

Last edited:

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the part numbers and information you'll need is right here..
Like I said, the information is all over this thread.. many more helpful threads to read over, but this one is still on the first page and only about a week old. He was looking for the exact height you're looking for, just click the link below.

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f203/3-lift-kit-61200/

I'm not 100% positive, so hopefully someone else can let you know, but you may need to relocate the rear brake lines as well above 2.5".. believe on 02-04 there's no need, but can't say for sure about your model..

Last edited:

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the part numbers and information you'll need is right here..
Like I said, the information is all over this thread.. many more helpful threads to read over, but this one is still on the first page and only about a week old. He was looking for the exact height you're looking for, just click the link below.

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f203/3-lift-kit-61200/

I'm not 100% positive, so hopefully someone else can let you know, but you may need to relocate the rear brake lines as well above 2.5".. believe on 02-04 there's no need, but can't say for sure about your model..

You will definitely need to relocate the rear brake line. It is easy to do. You can either buy the bracket piece already made or make it yourself if you have the material and tools at your disposal.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking at lifting my 2007 libby but don't want to have to worry about a lot of customization. If I'm not mistaken 3in is as tall as you can go without having to do new drivelines and extensions, is that true? I plan on going with a 2.5in suspension kit from rusty's offroad and some sort of 1in spacer kit, I was thinking daystar? any recommendations?

Your help is much appreciated

Read what I wrote on your other post in the KK section
PLUS no BDS , anything from RRO, and Skyjacker

NOW measure from middle of the wheel / hub/to bottom of the flare and report back

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not my area of expertise and I've only installed a lift on one liberty, but this gets brought up enough that anybody on here should be able to absorb the information like a sponge sitting in water.

OME/Bilstein combo.
If you scroll through this Lift Kit Discussion forum, there's hundreds of people who have gone with the height you're looking for. You can go up to 3.5" but should get JBA upper A-Arms if you do. Any higher and you'll have spring contact on the control arms.. as well as have an askew pinion angle. I'd stay in the 2.5-3" range you're looking at already, but would go with OME springs and Bilstein shocks, although you can get OME shocks as well to match the springs.
This will set you up at 2.5" above stock, but probably about 2 1/4" in the front after it settles.
If you're looking to go slighty higher, you can do a 3/8" clevis lift using conduit nuts and it will give you an extra 3/4" of an inch of lift. This will set you at 3 1/4" lift, or about 3" after it all settles out.
You can also get top plates from JBA that will give you another 1/2" of lift if desired.
You're looking at about 850 900 bucks, but remember you will also need a bushing kit if you go bilstein that you can get through JBA. You'll also need 2 upper isolators for the front ?????????
and 4 hockey pucks for bump stops in the rear. You can get Teraflex bumpstops.. and don't get crown isolators, you'll regret that.

Remember to set aside money for at least 2-3 alignments as well.
Make sure you read through a few lift install threads beforehand to make sure there's nothing else you need, and that the information I've provided is correct.

All in all.. not too bad.. 900 bucks and you should be able to sit 3" above where you do now, and have your liberty riding MUCH better than it does on its stock shocks/springs.. which IMO, are junk from the getgo.

If you just want to get a kit and not worry about getting separate parts, visit JBAoffroad. Lots of information on this site though, the search button will be your best friend once you've begun to use it!

??

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OME 927/948 combo gives you 2.5 inches with out anything else
if you want 3 inches , then add 1/4 inch top plates from JBA in front and one extra iso in the rear per side
With stock UCAs that is as high as I would go , could go to 3.25 but putting extra pressure on the stock UCAs

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME/Bilstein with 3/4" clevis and one extra iso in rear and I sit at 3 1/4" lift all the way around- I've had mine installed since June
The OME springs give you 2.5" of lift once settled, not 2 1/4", and also, adding 3/8" clevis (actual 3/4" lift) with OME springs does not settle in to be 3" it settles to be 3 1/4"
Before you get your alignment(s) you'll be 1/4"-1/2" (at least I was) higher than you will be after said alignment(s)
If there's any drop in height once FULLY settled in it still would not equate to 1/4" being OME brand parts..

MacAndrew93

Reaction score
I truly do appreciate everybody's help, so what's the difference between the 1/4in top plate and the 3/4in clevis for the front end?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I truly do appreciate everybody's help, so what's the difference between the 1/4in top plate and the 3/4in clevis for the front end?

3/8 inch clevis, can't do 3/4 inch clevis
Top plate goes above the coilover to provide extra lift
clevis lift goes between the clevis and bottom of the shock
Actually don't need anything there , its more for measurement purposes than anything
Like I stated before, going with OME 927s in front and a top plate gives you a solid 3 inch lift.
Plus no coil spring / UCA contact
We've done a bunch of KJs with OME springs and both Bilstein and OME shocks at my place

Last edited:

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't write off the H&R 4 coil 1.5"(approx. 2") lift.

Only a few hundred miles on my H&R Springs, but I'm loving them. If you don't feel you need a full 3" lift I'd seriously consider them. The springs alone will put you at around 20.5" front and 21.0" rear. I'm going to add a JBA top plate and one extra top spacer in the rear. If you throw in a slight clevis lift on top of that you'll be right around 21.5" all the way around.

The progressive springs are awesome. Comfortable on bumpy paved roads and much more confident and stiffer off road compared to the stock springs.

Here's my list of parts and the cost:

1) H&R 29203-1 Sport Spring - Made in Germany - $225-$255 for all 4 springs shipped
2) JBA 1/4" top plate - $34.75 shipped
3) MOPAR 52088707AA Coil Spring Seat Rear Upper - $29 for a pair from RockAuto shipped
4) Clevis Spacer 0.375" JBA-CSFS-375 1 $22.90 for a pair shipped
5) Gabriel G51728* Ultra Spring Seat Front Shocks - $52 per shipped
6) Gabriel G63844* Ultra Rear Truck Shock - $21.59 per shipped

$450-$460 for a comfortable/confident 2.5" lift works for me. Most parts are available on Amazon, but I always shop around for the best price, free shipping and coupons. Obviously, I can't say anything about longevity yet. That said, I've read some negative comments about OME shocks going bad within a years and excessive spring sag recently here and elsewhere, so you never know even with what's supposedly the best.

* - Most here on this forum go with Billstein shocks, but I already had the Ultra's on the rear and was very pleased with the ride so figured I'd give them a try. They do have a Limited Lifetime warranty and worst case it's a $150 trial.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't write off the H&R 4 coil 1.5"(approx. 2") lift.

Only a few hundred miles on my H&R Springs, but I'm loving them. If you don't feel you need a full 3" lift I'd seriously consider them. The springs alone will put you at around 20.5" front and 21.0" rear. I'm going to add a JBA top plate and one extra top spacer in the rear. If you throw in a slight clevis lift on top of that you'll be right around 21.5" all the way around.

The progressive springs are awesome. Comfortable on bumpy paved roads and much more confident and stiffer off road compared to the stock springs.

Here's my list of parts and the cost:

1) H&R 29203-1 Sport Spring - Made in Germany - $225-$255 for all 4 springs shipped
2) JBA 1/4" top plate - $34.75 shipped
3) MOPAR 52088707AA Coil Spring Seat Rear Upper - $29 for a pair from RockAuto shipped
4) Clevis Spacer 0.375" JBA-CSFS-375 1 $22.90 for a pair shipped
5) Gabriel G51728* Ultra Spring Seat Front Shocks - $52 per shipped
6) Gabriel G63844* Ultra Rear Truck Shock - $21.59 per shipped

$450-$460 for a comfortable/confident 2.5" lift works for me. Most parts are available on Amazon, but I always shop around for the best price, free shipping and coupons. Obviously, I can't say anything about longevity yet. That said, I've read some negative comments about OME shocks going bad within a years and excessive spring sag recently here and elsewhere, so you never know even with what's supposedly the best.

* - Most here on this forum go with Billstein shocks, but I already had the Ultra's on the rear and was very pleased with the ride so figured I'd give them a try. They do have a Limited Lifetime warranty and worst case it's a $150 trial.

OME going bad / excessive spring sag??
LOL I know of several we've installed that were still within 1/4 to 1/2 inch after 6-7 years and many many miles . Of course they will sag some, your H&Rs will as well in a couple of years . First OME set up I installed on the KJ I ran 100,000 miles . Sagged not quite 1/2 inch. I've ran OME on Cherokees with same results .

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if OME's sag I'll be impressed.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just read this lol thought I said rear.. typed it up at 430am. You don't need extra isos for the rear either?

LOL yeah 4:30 AM is a bad time, been going into work at 4 AM, never awake. Good thing its only 5 minute drive to work or I'd never make it!