3 in lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noahschultz

Reaction score
So I've been reading on the forum a little bit and think I'm gonna pull the trigger on a lift for my 03 limited. I have just been a little confused about all the parts that are needed. I think I want to go the OME route but I'm not sure. If someone could design me a 3" lift kit for around $850 or less I would really appreciate it.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need:

Front:
1 set of OME2927 FRONT HEAVY DUTY (150LBS - GVW) SPRING GAS 3.7L 1.50" LIFT

1 set of front struts to match (usually sold individually). Either OME 90009 or Bilstein 24-139168

1 set of top plates from Jeepin By Al
Strut spacer plate set

Rear:

1 set of OME2948 KJ REAR HEAVY DUTY COIL SPRINGS, GAS OR DIESEL, 1.50" LIFT

1 set of rear shocks (usually sold individually) of your choice (OME N132L or Bilstein...can't find the part number right now)

BILSTEIN - Heavy Duty 2.5" Lift Rear Shock

BILSTEIN - Heavy Duty 4" Lift Rear Shocks

1 set of Mopar upper spring insulators (sold individually). Mopar Part #52088707AA

Note - use JBA's bushing kit if you use the Bilstein shocks. Unfortunately I can't find the link to this at the moment.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you so much! And will I need any bumpstops or UCA or anything like that as well?

teraflex front bumpstops for the front. Rear 2 hockey pucks bolted down to the lower spring perch on each side.
Stock UCAs are good yet at 3 inches BUT they are a great upgrade espicially now with the rebuildable ball joints

noahschultz

Reaction score
Alright I appreciate it. And what is the difference between the Rancho RS9000XL Strut, Bilstein 24-139168, and the OME 90009? I would be looking to cut the price down as much as I can. I will not be doing a major amount of off-roading, but know that a lift isn't the type of thing you go completely cheap on. So is there any of the parts that I could swap out for a different brand that is cheaper? I would almost rather go down to a 2.5" lift too.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright I appreciate it. And what is the difference between the Rancho RS9000XL Strut, Bilstein 24-139168, and the OME 90009? I would be looking to cut the price down as much as I can. I will not be doing a major amount of off-roading, but know that a lift isn't the type of thing you go completely cheap on. So is there any of the parts that I could swap out for a different brand that is cheaper? I would almost rather go down to a 2.5" lift too.

I'd stick to OME or Bilstein, they work the best , Plus doesn't matter if you never even drive onto the grass in your yard, roads can punish the suspension as much as off road.
No nothing else to go cheap on

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you want to go down to 2.5", then remove the JBA top plates from the front and the Mopar insulators from the rear.

Latest posts

Members online