Looking for rear differential for 2006 - 2007 Jeep Liberty.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrsavoie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for rear differential for 2006 - 2007 Jeep Liberty.

Or at least the rear brake backing plates.

Are there any part outs going on?

Are there better forums to check?

Is anyone interested in a small side job - procuring and installing the parts?

I'm working on my truck right now and not sure when I will get to this.

The rear brakes work fine. But no emergency brakes. I believe the cables are good

Links would be appreciated

What should I expect to pay for a rear differential with good backing plates?

I don't care about the rest of the differential, as long as the parts I need are good.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Is your entire reason for wanting to swap out the differential due to no parking brakes? That is a common problem with Liberty's and you may not see any improvement anyway. If you have other reasons it would help to know them.

Sorry you did not get any response sooner - I guess everyone (except me) was off watching football all weekend. :D

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Facebook marketplace or CL is a sure way to get listings near you. What I have seen so far with KJ's is they usually come up as a whole (cheap) vehicle to buy with some kind of major problem. Very few folks seem to part them out. There's also far fewer 06-07 KJs out there than 02-05.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surely you can get new backplates without having to buy an axle, they are available here, we get hammered on price with the exchange rate and tax so probably more reasonable in America.
You must be registered for see images attach

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I reckon he needs the whole bracket aka "parking brake adapter". It is unique to the later KJ's that have individual rear wheel speed sensors.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I reckon he needs the whole bracket aka "parking brake adapter". It is unique to the later KJ's that have individual rear wheel speed sensors.

Owch! $600! I thought you had all the cheap parts.

jrsavoie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your entire reason for wanting to swap out the differential due to no parking brakes? That is a common problem with Liberty's and you may not see any improvement anyway. If you have other reasons it would help to know them.

Sorry you did not get any response sooner - I guess everyone (except me) was off watching football all weekend. :D
I don't need a differential, just the backing plates.
I would buy a junk differential for 2 good backing plates.

I haven't found anything yet. I have an offer from a guy in Canada to procure and ship some to me.
I've got a lot of scam replies.

A guy in Michigan is doing a part out because his rear end is out. But he must have junked it already.

Somebody found one new, either left or right side for the big bucks.

I'm still working on my truck, so this is still on the back burner.

I don't know why I'm not receiving post notifications.
I checked my settings

It seems people are more likely to sell the whole rear differential as opposed to just the backing plates.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At that sort of cost it may be worth getting a quote from a machine shop to chew a couple out of plate steel. Hopefully there's enough left of the old plates to get the dimensions.

jrsavoie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At that sort of cost it may be worth getting a quote from a machine shop to chew a couple out of plate steel. Hopefully there's enough left of the old plates to get the dimensions.
I would order the plates for the 2005 if there was enough left, to see what it would take to make them work.
I have about nothing left.
I believe the older vehicles use the same brake parts. So I would imagine the 2005 shields could be made to work. But you have to have something to start with.