Knuckle hitting spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

curtis

Reaction score
Has anyone had the knuckle hit the spring right at the upper arm ball joint? Lift measures 22" at flare. Ome lift.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had the knuckle hit the spring right at the upper arm ball joint? Lift measures 22" at flare. Ome lift.

Being at only 3" lift you shouldn't have contact
I'm at 3 1/2" and I'm a good inch or so away from any contact with the UCA let alone the UBJ
Actually just went out and measured I'm about 3/4" away from the UCA itself and about an inch away from the UBJ

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Need lots more information before I can answer
What lift are you using , what add ons, i.e. clevis/top plate etc
lift just installed or been on a while
pictures would even help
answering before knowing above is a shot in the dark or positively saying who shot President Kennedy

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
928 springs,1/4 top plate,been on couple of months.

927 I assume then so there should be no contact at all with the combination unless you have something worn out. Have you checked the UBJ? I assume you still have the stock UCA's .
Did it just start or has it done it from day one ?
No clevis correct ?
If so and all parts are tight then you could be just having issues that the JBA UCAs would correct
Most times it becomes an issue at 3.25-3.5 inches of lift but ??
Pictures again would help us though to see where exactly

Last edited: