KJ Tri-Angulated Bolt On 4 Link from JBA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you point me in the direction for that bracket? :) No way I'm going OEM for the same price as the upgraded GC boomerang.

Also, I assume you toss the Y-Link extension with this?

now completely derailed

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom, do you think JBA would sell just the axle mount itself?

I thought I'd mention something with the heim that some of you have asked about. Use graphite powder to lube them and they'll live a long quiet life. You never want to use any type of thick grease or anything that attracts dust.

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had experience with heim joints in other applications, and am a firm believer in dust/dirt boots over them. I'd want to add them on to that application if possible.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom, do you think JBA would sell just the axle mount itself?

I thought I'd mention something with the heim that some of you have asked about. Use graphite powder to lube them and they'll live a long quiet life. You never want to use any type of thick grease or anything that attracts dust.

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

No idea if he would or not
wouldn't hurt to ask
I used graphite powder on mine by the way before install each time and move them around to work a small amount in.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just not diggin' this thing for $600.

Depends on how you look at it
So far on Kili its had 6 new tri-links even at say 300 each that's 1800 bucks I've thrown away on them.

...just not ready to drop $300 more into my Jeep at this point.

I also don't doubt that it's a quality product. But $600 can go towards a lot of other more necessary repairs...

A stock replacement boomerang is ~$200 CDN (shipping & taxes in) to my door from rockauto. That JBA bolt-on replacement is $920 CDN (shipping & taxes in) and I still have to pick it up stateside (Sumas, WA). Probably an extra $50-100 to get it to my doorstep (more shipping + brokerage).

:shrug:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
A stock replacement boomerang is ~$200 CDN (shipping & taxes in) to my door from rockauto. That JBA bolt-on replacement is $920 CDN (shipping & taxes in) and I still have to pick it up stateside (Sumas, WA). Probably an extra $50-100 to get it to my doorstep (more shipping + brokerage).

:shrug:

Is the one from Rockauto a MOPAR one or a aftermarket? Betting at 200 bucks its aftermarket and worthless to install. I tore through one of those in less than 3 months. So have to take that into consideration:shrug:

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the one from Rockauto a MOPAR one or a aftermarket? Betting at 200 bucks its aftermarket and worthless to install. I tore through one of those in less than 3 months. So have to take that into consideration:shrug:

The rockauto one is the cheapest jobber one. $112 CDN plus the overhead to get it to me. Wouldn't bother me to replace it a few times. I'll buy or build an IRO style arm with a truss or bracket if I get fed up. A $900-1000 control arm is absolutely not in the picture.

tombo_ontario

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya us Canadians are getting shafted these days with the exchange rate. I'm just glad I got my lift all squared away before it got as bad as it is now.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The rockauto one is the cheapest jobber one. $112 CDN plus the overhead to get it to me. Wouldn't bother me to replace it a few times. I'll buy or build an IRO style arm with a truss or bracket if I get fed up. A $900-1000 control arm is absolutely not in the picture.

:icon_lol:Again tried one well had to since Mopars were on backorder, was gone so fast didn't even have time to rust. I've had 6 or maybe its 7 on mine so I have invested way too much in stock tri-links, plus the feel and handling is so much better for me
Is it a lot, sure, but so is peameal bacon. and I still buy it when I can:happy175:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya us Canadians are getting shafted these days with the exchange rate. I'm just glad I got my lift all squared away before it got as bad as it is now.

Is wild how much it fluctuates , almost as much as the Tanzania Shilling compared to the US dollar. Love going over there with the exchange rate, for 100 bucks I get over 217,000 Shillings :happy175: Feel like you're making money! :gr_grin:

604KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would this be an ideal upgrade for a sfa KJ?
Do you need to have the Y-link extension for this?

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would this be an ideal upgrade for a sfa KJ?
Do you need to have the Y-link extension for this?

The truss version might be favourable for the lift range you get into with the SFA.

604KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good idea, that makes sense since I would truss the rear anyway. Using one of these in the rear, for SFA purposes....would that take care of the need for control arms?

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good idea, that makes sense since I would truss the rear anyway. Using one of these in the rear, for SFA purposes....would that take care of the need for control arms?
You will still need longer lower control arms for SFA. 5" lift is the max for the stock ones.

Clayton makes a real nice set.......
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Kj/toy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will still need longer lower control arms for SFA. 5" lift is the max for the stock ones.

Clayton makes a real nice set.......

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Been thinking about adding this along the HD springs you have been talking about. Also relocating the shock mounts(already have them from ruff stuff) after the first of the year. I promised myself no more money on the jeep until then. The local jeep club is planning a Moab trip in 2017 so they say. Much to do until then. Not planning a SFA.

Dizzydevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at getting the welded one on my 05 liberty maybe in a few months looks tough as hell. After reading this thread it sounds like it will work just as well as the bolt on one I presume. I know some complain about the price but it looks well made so far everything I have gotten at JBA is very good quality just my opinion.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking at getting the welded one on my 05 liberty maybe in a few months looks tough as hell. After reading this thread it sounds like it will work just as well as the bolt on one I presume. I know some complain about the price but it looks well made so far everything I have gotten at JBA is very good quality just my opinion.

Very well made , we went through a few different revisions to get exactly what would work best, Good heavy duty, welds from him are always spot on, well made product

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must have this...have dispatched Mrs. Twowings to win necessary monies...

In the meantime, I will use my daily driver...

or my weekend toy:

Latest posts

Members online