Rebuilding JBA Adjust a Struts - part numbers

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
A number of folks (like me) are running Jeepin By Al’s adjust a strut lift kits. JBA stopped supporting or making these a few years ago. The question periodically comes up, what happens if I need to repair one of the units?

The coilover shock itself is a Bilstein. A member over on Jeep Forum dug up some old pictures that had the part number of the threaded shock, which is F4-B46-0204-HO. Several places online carry this one. (Note, this part number is for the basic shock without “total control” valves or external reservoirs.)

Here is a link to the JF thread that has the info. I am posting this for my future self, as well as anyone else who eventually needs to replace the shocks in their Adjust a Strut kits. I have more than 130,000 miles on mine so far, and so far so good.

For the coilover spring part number, this appears to be an Eibach FSCO-250-1000-G, according to a thread on Nitroforumz. Amazon has these in stock as of this writing. Here is the Nitroforumz thread where I found this info.

Now if anyone can find a part number for JBA’s 4” lifted rear springs, that would rock. There may have been different part numbers for the KK and KJ 4” springs. I know mine will not last forever with how much I tow my trailer, and I’d rather not have to combine OME 2.5” lift springs with spacers.

Please post any other JBA lift kit-related part numbers in this thread so we can keep our JBA-lifted Jeeps going. Cheers,

Lauren

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost enough ro peice a set together, would need the clevis and top mount. Which I'm sure someone could make.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost enough ro peice a set together, would need the clevis and top mount. Which I'm sure someone could make.
Who here has the fabrication skills? ;)
Grab some junkyard parts to experiment with.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the skills, what I don't have is access to the equipment to exercise said skills. Maybe someday.

Johnny O

Taking a break from the internet...back soon!
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who here has the fabrication skills? ;)
Grab some junkyard parts to experiment with.
I know a fab guy in Arizona that does custom stuff. Mostly leveling lifts for VW busses these days, but if you have dimensions/plans/blueprints he can make them.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Been down this road before
not getting involved and losing my a$$ again on projects like this
Good luck guys

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, not planning any kind of project. Just thinking how a comparable unit could be made from these parts plus a KK or KJ clevis & top plate, if someone with welding skills wanted to give it a try. I started this thread thinking only of refurbishing existing JBA units when the springs or shocks needed replacing.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I did anything with this information it would only be for myself. There's probably a reason Jba quit making them...something to do with profit.

2TALL1

Reaction score
Looks like another attempt at finding the ever elusive 4" rear spring part number. LOL
If someone has a set I'd just like the specs off them so I could find something close.