Jeep Liberty V8 Swap Megathread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It came without. Not only that, but I believe that the spark plugs weren't installed until fairly recently and that bolt looks similar to a couple bolts that were shipped with the intake manifold, although a different set of bolts were used in the end.
I need to some digging to find out if there are any similarities. Thanks for the insight.

That makes it even more interesting. Wouldn't that be a ****** if the bolt was dropped, and it bounced down and into the spark plug hole! Not impossible, but you'd likely never do that if you wanted to. I know it's a little late now, but duct tape on all open engine orifices is good practice.

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That makes it even more interesting. Wouldn't that be a ****** if the bolt was dropped, and it bounced down and into the spark plug hole! Not impossible, but you'd likely never do that if you wanted to. I know it's a little late now, but duct tape on all open engine orifices is good practice.

The engine shipped with masking tape over the manifold ports. I looked at some photos that I had taken when I first got the engine and it appears that the spark plug holes were not covered.

Man, what a pickle!

Function > Form

Reaction score
I'm SAD to hear this Honduras. That bolt did some brutal damage...I've seen severely overboosted engines with less damage...

Best of luck with that company and your (re)build.

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the folks over at Powertrain. They're replacing the engine free of charge! I was fully expecting a worst case scenario and have to foot the bill for the replacement! Talk about some amazing customer service!

Looks like I'll be back in the shop in two weeks or so!

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the folks over at Powertrain. They're replacing the engine free of charge! I was fully expecting a worst case scenario and have to foot the bill for the replacement! Talk about some amazing customer service!

That's great to hear. If I don't just change my heads, I may be doing a swap (V6 for V6) soon. Definitely need the heads replaced but still trying to decide if there is a solid bottom end to work with. I'll be getting my replacement from them if I go that route.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I am so pleased to hear that! Did they give you any sort of hard time with it?

Now it's time to Celebrate! :big_banana_Dance:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that they are taking care of it. People notice stuff like this, so when someone else needs an engine they are more likely to use a company which treats people right. :cheers:

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great to hear that they are going to replace the block at no charge. Good luck on the rest of your amazing build!!!!!!

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any news on the build?

Nothing yet. The replacement engine arrived at the freight port in Miami this morning. It'll probably take 3 weeks to get here plus clear customs.

Don't know, maybe ready to get it rolling in a month.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing yet. The replacement engine arrived at the freight port in Miami this morning. It'll probably take 3 weeks to get here plus clear customs.

Don't know, maybe ready to get it rolling in a month.

I thought you bought it at Powertrain Products??? Where did your engine come from?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought you bought it at Powertrain Products??? Where did your engine come from?

Have to remember where he is at, engine was bought in the US,
has to be shipped to Honduras , go through customs there, etc

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm enjoying the suspense it's like watching a good suspense move and not knowing what the outcome will be and just adds more excitement to this forum. Good luck and please keep the info coming as you go. One day we may have that V8 swap curiosity answered.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best of luck on the rest of your great build, I myself have been looking into doing this when my motor dies. what you are doing is amazing and hope the rest of your build goes great!!!!

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news. The replacement motor has finally arrived. Time permitting, I am going to swing by the freight facility after work to pick it up.

Looks like we're back in business!

Members online

No members online now.