Ironman lift pics added Pg 2 and 5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As CzarKJ has said, the extended bumpstops will ensure you don't over-compress the front shocks. You probably didn't on your first off-road trip since the springs are so new.

As for the banging...for sure you're hearing the UCA's hitting the springs. It's a nasty sound when it happens so that's the fix. And since the grease is coming out of them anyway it's time to replace them. JBA arms will take care of that problem.

Bob

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks alot guys for the quick response ,i have ordered a set of JBA arms and hopefully installing them today if they arrive.

and regarding the longer pump stops ,is it still required with the new UCA arms ?

and do i need to repaint the springs in the affected area so they dont rust ?

BR,
Ahmed

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok just got the Al's arms ,it came with thick washer dont know where to install this ,before the nut or between the blue rubber housing and the hub ?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok just got the Al's arms ,it came with thick washer dont know where to install this ,before the nut or between the blue rubber housing and the hub ?

Wow, you got your arms quicker than I did and I live here in the States!

The washer goes between the nut and the bottom of the spindle - NOT between the boot and the spindle. Be sure to torque to all the way and if the hole in the ball joint doesn't line up with a slot in the bolt then tighten further to insert the cotter pin. Do not loosen to insert the cotter pin.

I painted the spots on my springs where the factory arm hit them. I used Rustoleum Hammered Black but I don't know if that's available where you are. Here in the northern U.S. we have a problem with rust due to road salt used in the winter to melt snow and ice - you probably don't have a problem with the snow and ice but if there are any issues with rust where you are it's a good idea to inspect the springs and other suspension components frequently to insure the rust doesn't get away from you.

Still thinking about how fast you got those A-arms... Your supplier must have a nice inventory of Liberty/Cherokee components! :waytogo:

Bob

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, you got your arms quicker than I did and I live here in the States!

NOT between the boot and the spindle.

Still thinking about how fast you got those A-arms... Your supplier must have a nice inventory of Liberty/Cherokee components! :waytogo:

Bob

OK so first mistake done :(
They installed the washer between the boot and spindle already. is it too bad ?

and i still hear minor bangs but now only on left side not sure what causing it ,
and the alignment guy couldn't align anything AT ALL after the Al's arms
its even worse :(

i toke snaps from under the car while doing alignment for you guys to see if anything is wrong .

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

i noticed the lower ball joints grease out on left side only ,if that ball joint is damaged will it make any minor bangs ?

and actually the arms where already here in UAE just in different city ,it wasn't shipped from the US :)

Kindly advise Experts :) ,
Ahmed

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes correct ,I'm having rubber hocky buck with hole inside to to give higher bump stop and protect greasing point

Till I receive the longer bump stops from US

Any I puts for the washer between boot and spindle ?
Do I have to remove it and but it between spindle and nut ?

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes correct ,I'm having rubber hocky buck with hole inside to to give higher bump stop and protect greasing point

Till I receive the longer bump stops from US

Any I puts for the washer between boot and spindle ?
Do I have to remove it and but it between spindle and nut ?

Yes, move the washer so it is between the nut and the bottom of the spindle. The washer should not be on top of the spindle.

You can just see the washer between the nut and the spindle in this pic:

You must be registered for see images

Bob

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, move the washer so it is between the nut and the bottom of the spindle. The washer should not be on top of the spindle.

You can just see the washer between the nut and the spindle in this pic:

Bob

Hi Bob,

I just got mail from "Marlin Gehman" ,what a response :rockit:
and he confirmed that washer should be between boot and spindle ,as i install it.

and i tried it other way ,but not working ball joint screw to thick to go all the way in the spindle hole ,and washer inner diameter much bigger than the screw area and fits under boot correctly.

so today i got the ball joint from spindle replaced and lower control arm bushing under the strut also replaced both sides ,and no more bang sound.

BUT ,all of sudden ABS started to kick in on left front tire when steering to left :(
i know that they removed ABS sensors from both front hubs while changing ball joints ,but am sure they but them back on.

what could cause such thing ?

BR,
Ahmed

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Some people use hocky pucks on top instead of the teraflex bumpstops. That's just what I'm guessing it is.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

Have never seen that done before
thats a new one for sure :Big Laugh::Big Laugh:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Between the top of the spindle and the ball joint boot
keeps the boot up tighter so you don't lose grease

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Bob,

I just got mail from "Marlin Gehman" ,what a response :rockit:
and he confirmed that washer should be between boot and spindle ,as i install it.

and i tried it other way ,but not working ball joint screw to thick to go all the way in the spindle hole ,and washer inner diameter much bigger than the screw area and fits under boot correctly.

so today i got the ball joint from spindle replaced and lower control arm bushing under the strut also replaced both sides ,and no more bang sound.

BUT ,all of sudden ABS started to kick in on left front tire when steering to left :(
i know that they removed ABS sensors from both front hubs while changing ball joints ,but am sure they but them back on.

what could cause such thing ?

BR,
Ahmed

Whoops I see you found out where it should be , should of looked at the end of the responses first
As far as the ABS, check the wires to make sure they are not cut or pinched when they did the install

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoops I see you found out where it should be , should of looked at the end of the responses first
As far as the ABS, check the wires to make sure they are not cut or pinched when they did the install

Hi Tom,

Thank anyway for confirming :)
as of the ABS wires i cant see any kind of damage so far ,maybe will remove the wheels and have a closer look.

but i remeber the guys used WD40 to remove the sensors ,can that affect the operation of sensors ?

BR,
Ahmed

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the sensors are there and not damaged then the wd40 may have something to do with it. Make absolutely sure there is no damage then clean the sensors and try again.:rockit:

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course :Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh:
I measure every KJ I ever see
The maroon one after we installed the Ironman is at 22.75 in the front and staying right there
It was a little lower when I had it on mine due to the ARB etc

Nice!!!!!! Thx dude:worship:

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys ,

just got the Longer bump stops ,and would like to cut in a place for the grease points from the JBA arms 4.5

am not sure where and how much to cut ?

should i cut or drill a hole ?

thanks guys

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
V shaped notch center ways in the bumpstop or hold it in where it would be mounted and not where it would hit the grease zerk and cut there

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys ,

just got the Longer bump stops ,and would like to cut in a place for the grease points from the JBA arms 4.5

am not sure where and how much to cut ?

should i cut or drill a hole ?

thanks guys

Like Tom said, a notch right in the center of the bumpstop will do it. I used a utility knife to cut the notch after I raised the JBA arm up high enough to mark the bumpstop. Here's a photo:
You must be registered for see images

Bob

Latest posts

Members online