Ironman lift pics added Pg 2 and 5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice Jeep! Is it safe to have the clevis that far down on the base of the shock? I usually place the clevis all the way up to the base of the ring.

That far down???
Thats how you do a clevis lift
3/8 of an inch is OK , nothing really still have plenty to bolt to
we do all of the lifts that way here and no issues at all
If you look at the picture of the shocks laying on the ground you will see the raised portion that the clevis sits against. It is down father somewhat than say the Ranchos/ OME or Bilsteins that I normally use

Last edited:

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on running:
ome n132L rear shocks
ironman front jeep014c n rear jeep015b coils
n ironman strut 12711gr

Figured Id save some money rather than going all ome but still get the extended lenth rear shocks...

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following this closely. Looks like a good lift for someone who's on a budget (and still has super sagged stock shocks and coils).

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tom I think I will be going with this Iron man I have been struglin cause I don't know much about the nechanics of a suspension lift/ what is the clevis and where is it located? also the Iso's you guys tal about what are they and where do i install them?

sorry if this a stupid question but im trying to learn the suspension aspect of 4 wheelin

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Keep reading and you will get it ... trust me... a couple years ago I knew absolutely nothing (beyond common knowledge) about suspension.

The highlighted part is the Clevis ... it connects the bottom of your shock to the lower control arm

You must be registered for see images attach

If you look at your rear springs for example... the little rubber disc like things that are at the top of your springs are isolators .. they come in various materials and quality levels

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep reading and you will get it ... trust me... a couple years ago I knew absolutely nothing (beyond common knowledge) about suspension.

The highlighted part is the Clevis ... it connects the bottom of your shock to the lower control arm

If you look at your rear springs for example... the little rubber disc like things that are at the top of your springs are isolators .. they come in various materials and quality levels

Ok thanks so now that I know what the clevis and the iso's are what is a clevis lift? I understand the iso I think you just add one or two per side to get the hieght you want-yes?

so how do I know what shocks to get for the rear. I prefer offroad fucntionailty over highway potholes if you understand what I mean
i am not sure how to explain it just dont want soft suspension

Ps All you guys on this forum Thanks a bunch this very helpful and I think will save me headaches and frustration when I finally make the choice.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
A clevis lift consists of just loosening that bolt at the top and increasing the distance between the top of the clevis and the bottom of the coil assembly ( the section with just a sliver of orange in the pic )... in the picture above I have no clevis lift.

I can't tell you what the best shocks are ... just that I decided on OME for everything. I tend to do that for most things in life though :D I appreciate the value of systems that were designed to work together, and that are tested by someone else so that I know what I'm getting.

Last edited:

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking through the lift FAQ, but have a quick question about the Ironman lift specifically...

I have the following sitting in a pile in my living room right now:
14B front coils and struts
15mm top of strut flange spacers
rear coils and shocks
teraflex front bumpstops, 2 hockey pucks per side for rear stops

My question is regarding rear spring iso's. With what I have shown, will I need to add them to have the rear level with the front, assuming I don't do a clevis lift right now? What kind of height difference between the front and rear should I expect?

I'm having everything installed next week, and I want to make sure I do it all right the first time. Also, how hard is it to just add a clevis lift, and rear iso's after my suspension is all installed?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I was looking through the lift FAQ, but have a quick question about the Ironman lift specifically...

I have the following sitting in a pile in my living room right now:
14B front coils and struts
15mm top of strut flange spacers
rear coils and shocks
teraflex front bumpstops, 2 hockey pucks per side for rear stops

My question is regarding rear spring iso's. With what I have shown, will I need to add them to have the rear level with the front, assuming I don't do a clevis lift right now? What kind of height difference between the front and rear should I expect?

I'm having everything installed next week, and I want to make sure I do it all right the first time. Also, how hard is it to just add a clevis lift, and rear iso's after my suspension is all installed?

I would not of gotten the 15 mm flange spacers if you are talking about the trim packs. Plus they go under the front shock, (between the lower part of the shock and the bottom mouting plate )not above like you have it ie top of strut flange spacer
I would of bought 2 1/4 inch upper plates
and then did a 3/8 inch clevis for the front
in the rear with the Ironman would of started with one extra per side upper iso

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not of gotten the 15 mm flange spacers if you are talking about the trim packs. Plus they go under the front shock, (between the lower part of the shock and the bottom mouting plate )not above like you have it ie top of strut flange spacer
I would of bought 2 1/4 inch upper plates
and then did a 3/8 inch clevis for the front
in the rear with the Ironman would of started with one extra per side upper iso

ok thanks, I'll get an upper iso for each rear...whats wrong with the 15mm trim pack? The description says "fits under spring pad and on top of strut flange"...I must be getting confused by the wording.

found a pic of the trim pack installed, now I understand...I'm a visual leaner :freak3: but still wondering whats wrong with the trim pack...concept seems similar to that of a clevis lift

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No its different
The trim pack acts more in the way of increasing the spring rate than lift. It does provide some but a clevis lift provides more lift
I tired it both ways when I did the first install

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i noticed you only used a 2 ring clevis and one iso per side. Is that what you would reconmend if i were to run the same set up? And what kind of height did u get out of it?

Last edited:

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No its different
The trim pack acts more in the way of increasing the spring rate than lift. It does provide some but a clevis lift provides more lift
I tired it both ways when I did the first install

so my rear iso's should be here today. One last question. I may just use the 15mm trim packs since I've already bought them. If I need to raise the front anymore to level out, is it alright to add a clevis lift in conjunction with the trim pack?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
so my rear iso's should be here today. One last question. I may just use the 15mm trim packs since I've already bought them. If I need to raise the front anymore to level out, is it alright to add a clevis lift in conjunction with the trim pack?

Yes because they each do different things

I give up:happy175:

Last edited:

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes because they each do different things

I give up:happy175:

lol...I know they do different things, I was more concerned about the two together lifting the front too high and having problems with CV's.

Thanks for all the info..and the patience, I appreciate it. You've been really helpful.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

on this one ( maroon one ) it has the Ironman lift that I originally tried out
sitting here it had 1/4 inch top plate and 3/8 inch clevis also had installed 15 mm trim packers in front
2 extra upper iso's in the rear

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear shocks which I have on now are stock length so they will be coming back off so I can get full flex out of mine

hey Tom ,

am buying this ironman kit next week ,but i dont understand this part about rear shocks, what is bad in being stock length ?

and if i can get the kit without rear shocks ,which ones can i buy seperatley ?

Thank you,
Tawfik

b1m3x8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey Tom ,

am buying this ironman kit next week ,but i dont understand this part about rear shocks, what is bad in being stock length ?

and if i can get the kit without rear shocks ,which ones can i buy seperatley ?

Thank you,
Tawfik

Since I already asked Tom this one before I'll answer it for him. lol

With the Ironman rear shocks being the stock length you will not get as much flex on the rear axle and will top out the shock.

Buy the OME N132L shocks separately. Those are extended length shocks and will allow your rear to flex more than the Ironmans would.