iron man 4x4 cracked buckshings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
are the shocks topping out, ie with 948 and an iso, are the 12712 rear shocks long enough.... is the knocking only after bigger bumps, or is it a rattle?

I can't recall height of the Ironman coils vs 948; are the iron man shocks the same length or close to a NS-132L / BIlstein A702?

somebody did ask if the shocks move laterally along the bolt, do they?

The shocks from Ironman are the same length as stockers
THATs why we're- Marlin is having Ironman make extended length the same as the 132L OMEs

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well shit.... i guess ill get the 132l from ome. Theyll fit better with the 948 rear springs and extra iso im running. I would wait for the iron man if wasnt going to take so damn long to hit the market. Maybe some one should ad to the lift stickie saying that you need long rear shocks to run an extra iso with lifted springs so they dont hit this nearly $200 set back like i did

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I always tell everyone they need extended rear shocks
one of the reasons Marlin has requested Ironman to start making them

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And if you want to use a different brand, get the shocks for a 2000 durango, basically the extended length shocks.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill probly just go with ome's. Jba might give me an exchange if iron man decides to send me a new set of rears and then ill just pay the $40 difference.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The Dakota and the Durango use the same rear shock. I checked part listings for both of them, benefits of working at Pep Boys and having lots of spare time.

99-04 Dakota 4 WD and 98-03 Durango 4WD are the same
benefits of just knowing
:waytogo::gayfight::secret::driver:

just messing with ya but it does make a difference
since there are slight differences in some shocks lines
Now Pep boys don't care they carry a general shock which they'll throw on anything

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99-04 Dakota 4 WD and 98-03 Durango 4WD are the same
benefits of just knowing
:waytogo::gayfight::secret::driver:

just messing with ya but it does make a difference
since there are slight differences in some shocks lines
Now Pep boys don't care they carry a general shock which they'll throw on anything

Ill compare prices. How do brands you would get from an auto parts store stack up against old man emu products?

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill compare prices. How do brands you would get from an auto parts store stack up against old man emu products?

Well for starters most of the shocks Pep Boys carry are the bare minimum your vehicle will need basically a $28 shock :poop:. We carry the Rancho RS5000 line and RSX9000 line as well (nothing too special) The 9000 is basically the top of the line shock at Pep Boys, it's got adjustable tuning and remote control ability (I just think all that's unnessecary) and costs are in the ball park of $160, more expensive then the OME but I'm also unsure of how well the two compare. Then there's the new RS7000 (I think that's it) which is a purpose built offroading shock. I've got no idea how good the 7000 is since it's just come out.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well eli for iron man just called me. Nothing they can do as far as replacing the rear shocks so ill have to call jba and order the ome 132ls unless i can get the dakotas from advanced cheaper with a commercial discount. But the good news is eli said he can send me a set of the long iron mans for testing once production is done which is pretty awesome if you ask me.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well eli for iron man just called me. Nothing they can do as far as replacing the rear shocks so ill have to call jba and order the ome 132ls unless i can get the dakotas from advanced cheaper with a commercial discount. But the good news is eli said he can send me a set of the long iron mans for testing once production is done which is pretty awesome if you ask me.

That's a sweet deal man.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indeed. Kinda ***** that i gotta throw out another 200 bills. Now with this most recent expense it would have been cheaper to get the full ome set instead of ome rear and iron man front

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NJ why did you get seperate kits for the front and rear? instead of the entire OME or Ironman kits

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NJ why did you get seperate kits for the front and rear? instead of the entire OME or Ironman kits

I went basically all iron man except for the rear springs. The iron man springs went on back order and wouldnt be in stock for a while so i got the ome springs. And now the rear shock bushing are shot out because i should of gotten long shock and iron man doesnt have the long shock out yet so ill have to get the ome 132l's until then