iron man 4x4 cracked buckshings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Rancho scraping the RSX line was the worst mistake.Those 17004's where the best rear shocks you could run on the back of a KJ.The fronts where way better then OME also.

Thats a shame. I would assume that line was versatile as far as fitting different make and models?

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still have my RSX shocks. Getting a little soft, but I've really enjoyed them the last 40K miles. I'm sure I'd think anything was too soft now that I've gotten used to these. I bet they couldn't produce a shock that good and be profitable. That's my only guess. Seems everyone wants to work less, make junk, and sell more of it.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well to bring this thread to a close. I just installed a set of ome132l's from jba (brent and marlin are awesome btw). The difference is like night and day, the ride is a little softer but the knocking and clanking is now gone which is most important. Upon a better inspection of the iron man shocks i previously had on i realized the bushings only have one crack and it seems more like a tool mark rather then stress cracks.

It ended up being the paint that cracked, it is a pretty thick coat so when i used my finger nail to feel if it was just the paint it felt very deep. So any way the iron man shocks i have a presumably still good, unless them being topped out has damaged them? They have only been on for a few months so maybe i could sell them to re coup some of my loss? :)

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some one should have stocked up and sold them in the under ground auto parts market. :secret:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Some one should have stocked up and sold them in the under ground auto parts market. :secret:

I grabbed 3 sets of fronts, ( all being used now) but it was like we found out and they were gone soon after
Wish I could of found more of them, I had parts stores/ everyone searching for them at the end :rotflmao:

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There has to be some sitting in a parts depot somewhere collecting dust. Its guna be finding the holy grail when they turn up haha