iron man 4x4 cracked buckshings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went basically all iron man except for the rear springs. The iron man springs went on back order and wouldnt be in stock for a while so i got the ome springs. And now the rear shock bushing are shot out because i should of gotten long shock and iron man doesnt have the long shock out yet so ill have to get the ome 132l's until then

That ***** dude. I will remeber this when I am ready to do mine. sorry you had probs. on another note. hope Eli comes thru with the test shocks for you.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That ***** dude. I will remeber this when I am ready to do mine. sorry you had probs. on another note. hope Eli comes thru with the test shocks for you.

Yea me too, he seemed serious on the phone. I have no complaints with the iron man kit just so anyone reading is thinking about picking it up. It rides great even with the rear end issue im having and once the long shocks come out itll be even better.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i just went to my guy at advanced to check out some rear shocks for the dakota 4x4. Had a few options some really cheap some more then the omes. Im thinking ill go with the rancho 5000 series. They have 2 models

Rs5248 0 lift
Rs5010 3" lift

Now before i go buying the wrong stuff which of the two do i need? Is the 0 lift the same as stock kj or longer? Is the 3"lift too much longer? I can get either for mid $30s per.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i just went to my guy at advanced to check out some rear shocks for the dakota 4x4. Had a few options some really cheap some more then the omes. Im thinking ill go with the rancho 5000 series. They have 2 models

Rs5248 0 lift
Rs5010 3" lift

Now before i go buying the wrong stuff which of the two do i need? Is the 0 lift the same as stock kj or longer? Is the 3"lift too much longer? I can get either for mid $30s per.

The RS5248 is the correct part number, you need the stock length rancho the lifted one is too long. Wow mid $30s?! We sell em at pepboys for like $62 ea and that's on the cheap side!

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RS5248 is the correct part number, you need the stock length rancho the lifted one is too long. Wow mid $30s?! We sell em at pepboys for like $62 ea and that's on the cheap side!

I know the commercial parts dealer so i get shop pricing on most things. Usually 50 -25%

Just ordered up the shocks came out to about $46 each a lil more then i thought but still cheaper then list price so i aint complaining. Lol

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
RS= Cheap shocks
make sure you install washers so no rattles
should of waited

The Rancho RS5000 shock is Rancho's entry-level shock absorber. The RS5000 shock is a general-purpose shock. It's often installed in lieu of OE shocks for vehicles with worn out factory shocks. It's also recommended for budget-minded consumers.

Keep saying Advanced etc is a great place for buying wax, nothing else

Last edited:

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can turn them down if need be, Its just a store transfer. Should i just go with the 132l,s and be done with it?

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can turn them down if need be, Its just a store transfer. Should i just go with the 132l,s and be done with it?

that or your choice of Bilsteins, might as well make this complicated.

If money isn't an issue buy the ome 132Ls

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that or your choice of Bilsteins, might as well make this complicated.

If money isn't an issue buy the ome 132Ls

Not really an issue. I can wait a week till i have the rest of the cash. It was $100 and change for the ranchos so another $100 next week and ill call up brent, i need to talk to him anyway. I didnt know ranchos were that bad lol i deff dont wana cheap out

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You've got a good base setup there now
Would hate to see you mess it up with cheap shocks that will not give the ride nor the mileage that a better shock would
Bilsteins and OMEs are basically on the same level as far as ride goes

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've got a good base setup there now
Would hate to see you mess it up with cheap shocks that will not give the ride nor the mileage that a better shock would
Bilsteins and OMEs are basically on the same level as far as ride goes

Ill just wait till next week and order the omes. I thought ranchos were a suitable substitute, i guess i was wrong lol. I really hope eli wasnt messing with me when he said he would send me a set of the iron man longs to test..

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just gave brent a call and ordered my 132L's. Should be in tomorrow, finally no more noise! Do they fit snug in the shock mounts? Just wondering if washers are needed

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just gave brent a call and ordered my 132L's. Should be in tomorrow, finally no more noise! Do they fit snug in the shock mounts? Just wondering if washers are needed
No washers needed with the OME's,a direct fit with eyelets the exact same size as the OE shocks.Now since you had smaller eyelets you may need to spread the shouck mounts to fit the OME's since you most likely crushed them a little bit.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No washers needed with the OME's,a direct fit with eyelets the exact same size as the OE shocks.Now since you had smaller eyelets you may need to spread the shouck mounts to fit the OME's since you most likely crushed them a little bit.

Ok shouldnt be a big deal. I love living an hour away from jba. Parts are here the next day if they have everything in stock

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohh ok. Any one heard of them putting out a new line to replace the rsx? Or have they done that already and they just suck? Lol

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No replacements for the RSX line
Rancho are idiots right now
It was a good line , great shock valved great
better than OME and Bilstiens I thought
well Bilstein 5100 line is good

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What about Fox shocks? how do they compare to the bilstiens

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yea it just doesnt make sense to me. If they had a good reasonably priced product, why ditch it? I mean i guess its giving people a chance to try other things like iron man but its not like that was theyre intentions lol

Btw my ome 132l's just showed up. Guna put those bad boys on tomorrow!