I want a Locker!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
The understanding that the customer had was that he would receive $ 200 in cash (refund) AND a new locker. Total value of $ 520 (using the $ 320 shipped number). The problem was that the $ 200 refund was promptly issued and since also supplying a new locker was not properly documented the replacement was not sent. That issue is being rectified and while not something we like to see happen in our operation, it did happen and we have stepped up and taken full responsibility.

No we did not admit the first "batch" was defective. What we said was that the first "pre-production model" (4 units) was built to fit one set of axle splines and we did not introduce them to the market, or sell them or give them away. We told our customers the truth (when like others we could have just said we had production issues) and we obtained a new broach that fits all 29 spline Chrysler 8.25. Only after completing test installations on a number of Chrysler 8.25 diffs did we release the model for purchase by customers.

We sell many thousands of lockers each year and out of those to have one error like this is something that we never like to see. But we have people employed and when you have people in the process you have opportunities for errors to creep in now and then.

We have taken full responsibility for this problem that happened in our exchange of communications with this customer and his agreement with us is being honored 100%.

Thank you for coming on here and taking care of Digger.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Thank you for coming on here and taking care of Digger.

But from I have read... Digger didn't get taken care of!

Same "Great Customer Service" As ""Rocky Road Outfitters"" guy's!

SHEESH... I won't carry Aussie locker's in my shop!

And... BTW...

I play stupid some times!

I fully understand mechanical engineering!
Like for the last 3 years.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys just a little something FYI
I have a dana 44 w/track lock in my TJ
I ordered a "lunch box" locker much like the aussie
I installed it and it broke these little thin washers with teeth
the mfg replaced no question
the second one broke all the little pin things
the mfg again replaced no questions
all the labor was at my cost ,I did it
the third was sold for $100 ,my loss
it has been installed in a dana 44 w/track lock for a year and it works well

The problem we believe was due to the difference in the size of the carrier
we are talking thousands of an inch
but this is why they make shims for the side and spider gears
these lockers ,as far as I know, do not come with shims
the let the springs do the work
as far as I can tell this does not always work
my advice to any one who wants a locker
replace the entire carrier so that it can be properly shimmed
This is what I did and for over a year I have had no issues

cuatroXcuatro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem we believe was due to the difference in the size of the carrier
we are talking thousands of an inch
but this is why they make shims for the side and spider gears
these lockers ,as far as I know, do not come with shims
the let the springs do the work
as far as I can tell this does not always work
my advice to any one who wants a locker
replace the entire carrier so that it can be properly shimmed
This is what I did and for over a year I have had no issues

Hence my previous question regarding clearances.

Again it's sad to see someone having had a bad experience with a product. All I can say from what goes on with a group of guys I wheel with up here in a variety of different vehicles, where the smallest tire that is run is a 36, nobody has ever had a problem with an aussie locker, snapped axles, blown ring and pinions, pinion shafts, output shafts, ujoints, birfields, etc. have all been broken, but the locker has never failed.
I'm not trying to sell anybody's product, but I do have lot respect for the aussie locker, and also for the fact that they are willing to show their face in a forum.
This is just another opinion, just thought I'd throw it out there, I'm not trying criticize anyone else's should this be misinterpreted.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
End of story, no more Aussie bashing please.

Thank you for being here, you are the first manufacturer who wants to talk directly to his clients.

For that I have deep respect. I expect the rest of the gang to feel the same.

Quote of the thread here. Enough said. How many companies join small Jeep forums to help a customer? Not many. :)

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Quote of the thread here. Enough said. How many companies join small Jeep forums to help a customer? Not many. :)

x2 This is a sign of a class act in business....aussielocker, you just reinforced my faith in customer satisfaction.......maybe I will see one of your lockers some day....

Cheers
Derick

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you Aussielocker for standing by your product and I am sure that jeepers on this and other forum boards will now have faith in your product and service.

Dave

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
I would also like to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to come one here and talk with us. If only the JKJ guys knew who was behind the aussielocker user name ;)

I have talked to a lot of different large companies, and not once have I seen them do what you have done................ Again, Thank you :cool:

L

lil black liberty

Im glad they fixed it man.. I know how you are about your KK

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome! this was what i wanted to see, because i was looking at the aussie locker regardless of the issue with digger, but i had serious hesitations due to the apparent lack of customer service...however seeing them on here backing up their product has sold me. when it is time for my upgrade, i WILL be putting in an aussie locker!

thanks!

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would put an aussie in, but I don't want to be driving around locked all the time. Especially since it rains ALL the time here.

So I will be going with a selectable locker when I have the money.

chicken?
I drive a locked TJ with crappy rear breaks
twitchy suspension
32"+ tall tires with 25 psi in them
at 70+ mph
and do it for 200+ miles if I want to wheel
a KJ would be a dream with a Detroit out back

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for being here, you are the first manufacturer who wants to talk directly to his clients.

For that I have deep respect.

X2, this is a first. A manufacturer willing to face the customers on the customer's turf. Good on you Aussielocker.

TexasRock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty impressed with reading this post. I agree... Aussie did a great job by coming on here and handling the issues and setting some things straight.

Keith