High power reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow - rough crowd! :icon_razz:

It rained Friday night, so no pictures then. Got some last night but have been wrestling with my new fog lights and didn't have time to post them.

These aren't the best shots (I was in the Jeep putting it into reverse, so someone else snapped them for me). I had a set with the flash on but the camera compensated for the lighting and the difference was not all that apparent. These are with the flash off, which is why they look kind of cruddy. I may mess with the manual settings for the camera and try to get a better set.

First picture is with Taillights and Brake lights on, second is with the addition of the Reverse lights. Look at the driveway and the spare tire and you can see how much brighter everything is.

You must be registered for see images attach

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SWEET!

Great upgrade/mod as far as I'm concerned - really helps when backing in dark driveways or parking lots.

Bob

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...really helps when backing in dark driveways or parking lots...

That gives me an idea for another set of pictures, though it might be forever before I get time to try it. One set from inside the Jeep in the driver's seat looking backwards with the old reverse bulbs, another set from the same angle with the new ones.

No matter what, it's still kind of a "had to be there". When you are actually backing up after dark it makes a huge difference in how well you can see, particularly with tinted rear windows.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I've been through two set already and have my original bulbs back in again , those LEDs just don't last in my Jeep. Odd I cant make them last yet I have the original back up bulbs.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
That's weird. The consensus seems to be that LEDs last forever. Anyone else seeing an early burnout with these?

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree it's odd. I also have LEDs else were on my Jeep and they work great and have lasted a long time.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
You might just have been the unlucky one who happened to get a dud set or two. :icon_sad:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the same attitude. If there are 100 of them on the shelf, I'll get the one dud. Don't even ask about my luck with women... :slap:

(Deep down, I blame myself.) :happy175:

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I've been through two set already and have my original bulbs back in again , those LEDs just don't last in my Jeep. Odd I cant make them last yet I have the original back up bulbs.
Hmm, you must have worst luck than I do. I have terrible luck and my reverse lights are still going strong!

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one set go out on me. I blame my reverse switch though! Something went wrong with it and I think it took out my LEDs. Got them replaced and replaced my switch and have been going strong since!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Cheap LED's don't last,quality LED's will last forever.The statement "you get what you pay for" is very true when buying LED lights and light bars.
I agree. $40 a pair for reverse lights would not fit into my definition of "cheap", though. :)

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I've owned whole cars which weren't worth what a full replacement set of bulbs would cost me now. :rotflmao:

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went ahead and bought these off of ebay:
2X 3157 3156 CREE 7W Emitter Samsung LED Projector Lens DRL Reverse Light 01 | eBay

they are 7W as opposed the 9W in the original link. but still nice and bright

no idea how they compare to the others ones that were originally posted, but i like them. nice and bright. i will see what i can do to post pictures. it is a nice white light compared to the dim yellow of the factory lights. i also have tinted tail-lights so that isnt helping the light output, but these helped a lot

Glen_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got these in the mail and finally got around to putting them in my truck, definitely better than stock but nowhere near the output I see in the pics on this post. Maybe because they shine out the side as well as straight back?

Maybe this weekend will put them in the Liberty and see how big a difference they make in it.

Since I've got a few other things in my cart at DX going to grab a set of these and try them too, they just shine a beam straight back - will compare to the ones I just got. If I don't get results like the pics in this post then I'll order the ones listed in the OP