High power reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the Wrangler owner here with an LED light bar on the bumper...angled up into approaching driver’s eyes.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Like the Wrangler owner here with an LED light bar on the bumper...angled up into approaching driver’s eyes.

Cops nailed a JK owner last weekend, running 4 pods on the windshield and a light bar above the windshield about 10:30 PM . Cop was behind me, I seen the guy coming , and yep quick turnaround by the cop and nice blue/red lights came on. :happy175:

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope they are not like the one jack a** in a KJ around here .
Stupid cheap LEDs in the headlights , had a car actually stop in front of me the other night when he was coming at us, you just can't see anything.
They blow light everywhere.
Last night he got high beams, the Hellas all right at him, dumb.......butt :favorites68:
If you can't do it right, just don't do it

Cops nailed a JK owner last weekend, running 4 pods on the windshield and a light bar above the windshield about 10:30 PM . Cop was behind me, I seen the guy coming , and yep quick turnaround by the cop and nice blue/red lights came on. :happy175:

I defininely do not want to be those guys, Hence my comments about "hoping they are not TOO bright. That would suck!" <<<Loosely quoted.

Here are the results and steps taken to get here.

Used a 3M headlight lens restore kit to make the lenses clear again.
Changed out the stock headlights and backup lights mentioned in my previous posts.

I figured out the picture issues. So here they are:

Attachments

• 20171023_172102.jpg
    20171023_172102.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20171023_172108.jpg
    20171023_172108.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 16
  • 20171023_191534.jpg
    20171023_191534.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 16
  • 20171026_190111.jpg
    20171026_190111.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20171026_190403.jpg
    20171026_190403.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After having these for two nights now, I have had the chance to try them out. I did need to align them before a bit with the stock ones, I just hadn't done anything because it wasn't bad. However, after installing these much brighter bulbs, it was quite obvious I needed to align them. Before ever driving, I pulled to the garage and aligned them. I finished the alignment and went for a road test. I also had the opportunity to drive home a long stretch with a fair amount of oncoming traffic.

Here is the assessment:
Holy cow! I can see, this color white 6000k is really like daylight. Best part... Not one gripe from any of the oncoming traffic! I did flash a guy coming my way, but he really did have his high beams on. He lowered them right away. I was leader of the pack, so to speak, for a while, and on the dark stretches with no oncoming traffic, I was able to try the high beams. Night and then day! Wow! I can actually see the side of the road with clarity even the area where the deer like to jump from when you least expect it.

I can say now, that I feel safer diving with these lights, than I did while driving with the stock bulbs. As I mentioned before, These bulbs are a piece of machinery, it is highly tooled and well made. Why the lower price? I am not sure, but until proven different, I am a fan!

The backups are a pretty decent comparison to the original CREE bulbs mentioned in the original portion of this thread topic. I can see very well with them and do not think I will have to remove the tint on the front side windows.

I hope this helps some folks.

Blessings,